1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AC from the side vents not as good as the main ones

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by theblack, Mar 20, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,

while going through one of the threads in this forum I read about the air flow from the side vents not being powerful enough.
    Now I face the same issue too but ignored it as i always thought that these vents will dispense less air compared to the main vents.

I'm talking about the vents at the extreme ends of the dashboard , the vents very close to the A pillar.

Is this normal or there is a cause for concern.
    Reason being when i turn the blower speed to 2 or 3 i can feel the air rushing out of the main frontal vents but from the side vents its quite less.(Below avg AFAIK)
    Any ideas?
  2. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    And here I was thinking of taking the car to TASS to get this phenomenon checked, looks like I am not the only one.
    I wonder why this discrepancy. the flow from the side vents is quite weak that it barely reaches my fingers on the steering wheel.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's the same case in my car as well and I think it's normal.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Absolutely. I am experiencing the same in my Linea. And I have gone through the same in my Getz as well.
    This is normal.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  5. DCpunto

DCpunto Novizio

Hyderabad
    Same issue with my Punto as well..I don't have this issue with my Indigo.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm.. either there is something really wrong or the design itself is like this.. Lets wait till someone can give us an answer
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    All cars, bet it fiat, maruti or honda city will always have less airflow from side vents than the centre vents. This is due to the tunnel lengths from the centre blower.

This is very normal and dont try to break your heads over this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    hmm ok but it really would have done the car cabin good if they were equally powerful.. punto's cabin space is bigger and deserves some good cooling
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Yeah, this is a problem in summers as the glass house is big in linea and punto. Just install good sun films with max heat rejection :)
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    italia-linea :: I was too new to sunfilms when i got mine done 2 yrs ago.. So didnt do proper research I think i got the SP-20 for sides and CF-40 for the windshield.( all 3M).
    I dont know if mine is good or bad because I've not sat in someone else's punto with tints :(
    Also mine is a black car, yday when it was parked outside for 1 hr the temp reading said it was 49c , i didnt even get in the car :)
    (It was obviously lying)
    I looked around for vkcool but that thing is damn expensive there are better options I'm sure.. So still thinking of what to do.
    I dont mind dark tints on the sides front i need something that will reflect heat but not light .. any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

other option would be to only change the windshield film , I think vkool would be good there (based on reports thats all, no experience with it)