1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AC FAN STOPS WORKING

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Kaushik Talauliker, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Kaushik Talauliker

Kaushik Talauliker Novizio

Margao Goa
    Margao - Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3
    THERE IS A STRANGE PROBLEM I AM ENCOUNTERED THIS DAYS.
    WHEN I PUT ON ONLY AIRCONDITION FAN (WITHOUT COOLING BUTTON) . IT SUDDENLY STOPS AND STARTS MANY TIMES. AFTER APPROX 500 MTRS DRIVING IT STABILIZES BUT CANT SAY WHEN IT CAN DO THE SAME PROBLEM . SOMETIMES IT TAKES SECONDS TO RESTART OR EVEN A MINUTE. EVERYTHING GETS DISPLAYED ALL BUTTONS ARE FUNCTIONAL EVEN DISPLAY SCREEN IS ON WHEN FAN GOES OFF. EVEN SHOWS THE FAN SPEED. IF I PUT ON COOLING BUTTON IT COOLS ONLY WHEN FAN GETS ON.EVEN COMPRESSOR REMAINS ON WHEN FAN GOES OFF. BUT COOLING STOPS INSIDE CABIN DUE TO FAN STOPS WORKING
    I AM NOT ABLE TO SHOW IT TO SA AS IT WORKS PERFECTLY FINE BY THE TIME I REACH ASS.
    CAN ANY ONE SUGGEST FOR POSSIBLE SOLUTION.
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Are you sure its the fan and not the AC compressor?
    If its AC compressor and if your car is under warranty, get them to replace the AC gas . that should do the trick.
  3. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Possibilities:
    • Faulty fan with a loose contact in the fan which makes it intermittent.
    • Loose contact anywhere in the fan circuit making it work intermittent.
    • Switch or the switch contact problem if it has mechanical fan speed control switch.
    Explain the problem to ASS and ask them to check the whole circuit. If you can reproduce the problem reliably after switching off the ignition for some time (say, 4 hours, 6 hours, etc.) then park the car for that duration in the ASS, then start it and demonstrate it to them. That is the only way to convince them about the problem.
  4. jayadev.m4u

jayadev.m4u Amatore

Vijayawada
    Hey Kaushik

Don't panic as I have encountered the same issue a while back. Its the issue with regulator circuit or something like that (forgot the exact name). Its near the pollen filter area. It wears out and gets heated up while running. So the circuit breaks and cools down for a while. After that it restarts again for sometime till it gets heated up.

It can be done by any AC technician. The part will be costing nearly Rs.750 and repaired in a short time.
    Naughty and PradeepM like this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From few days am feeling the fan speed in my Punto has reduced. There's no issues with regards to AC cooling or Auto AC functioning but feeling the quantity / volume of air blown from the vents has reduced.

Is it better to visit FASS or AC shop outside?
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    First try cleaning the pollen filter
    punto_emotion likes this.
  7. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I am facing similar issue and I can see the black/orange connector to blower box getting hot on usage. Is this the same connector related to regulator?
  8. jayadev.m4u

jayadev.m4u Amatore

Vijayawada
    Yea it might be the same Sanket. Take it to the SA or any Car AC technician
  9. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I am talking about this connector to the blower

P1030270_r.jpg
  10. jayadev.m4u

jayadev.m4u Amatore

Vijayawada
    I don't think that's what went wrong in mine. It was some kind of regulator board I guess. Haven't seen it exactly. I'll ask my AC guy to locate it when I go that way.