1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AC cooling not effective - Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by issac, Jun 19, 2012.

1. issac

issac Timido

Ernakulam
    Hi Guys,
    My Linea had just done its first service. Some time ago while in a long drive some white fumes started coming out of my center (left one) ac vent. Since this was the first time, I turned off the AC immediately, opened the bonnet and checked. But there was no sign of any smoke or any burning smell. I continued my journey. After this whenever the drive is more than some 45min long sometimes that white fumes comes, but when I turned off and turn-on the AC its gone and everything seems to be normal.
    Now the AC performance has comedown drastically, previously even at mid day hot sun the AC was a chiller. Even my colleagues used to envy it. Now sometimes I am sweating even during evening drives.

I have noticed that the left AC vent is blowing normal air it’s not cooled one, the right vent is blowing out cool air. During my first service I had specifically mentioned about this issue. But still this issue persists. The SA told that at the time of starting first put it LOW and after sometime put it to my desired temperature. I had been reading forums regarding this but couldn’t get a proper solution. Anyway I am again taking it to the service center. If anyone had faced similar issue and found a solution please advice. Thanks in advance.
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

This is something which needs to be checked properly and ASAP. Ask TASC to get help from plant. There is defined checklist they need to perform. These SAs things like the are master blaster in cars knowledge and always try to make owners fool.

This time talk to that SA technically and and ask to to perform a proper checklist.
  3. issac

issac Timido

Ernakulam
    The problem is solved now. The issue was because the left AC vent in the dashboard was not properly aligned. Now its a chiller again :) It took nearly 2 days since they have to remove the entire dash and put it back. Anyways no costs for me. Smiles back :)
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Good to know that it got resolved without any payment. Removing a dash and fixing it could be a small bomb at TASS(labour charge). If the AC is not in recirculation mode some times outside smoke comes inside. I don't know whether the smoke that you observed is because of that.