1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AC Compressor noise

Discussion in 'Linea' started by Robin, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Robin

Robin Timido

delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All,

Off late my AC compressor is making lot of noise possibly due to bearings rubbing inside the compressor. The engine is therefore making a lot of noise even when idle. The car was inspected by FASS and told me to replace the compressor due to parts rubbing. The engine noise is at alarming level but not very loud when heard from inside cabin maybe due to sound proof cabin. Should I change the compressor or not ? AC seems to be fine but the noise is becoming difficult to live with. I have a pre 2012 emotion MJD. Also, any estimate how much it costs?

Regards
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Consider changing the compressor oil at first. There is a special machine for the same. Use the compressor till it dies. Also inspect AC belt and tensioner (bearing) again.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  3. Robin

Robin Timido

delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks
    Thanks. FASS in my opinion just asks to replace parts as they starts to wear tear rather than repair. This costs much more than repair and dudue to lack of FIAT mechanics we have to rely on them. I will anyway take it to the used car dealer MAHINDRA FIRST CHOICE for another opinion.