1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AC and music system go totally "dead" suddenly

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by vivek_lko, May 22, 2011.

1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hello Guys,
    Just to explain the problem.
    Everything was fine and I was hearing songs from the USB player for quiet some time. The A/C was on auto mode. Suddenly the song is abruptly stopped and there is no sound from the speakers . The HU is still showing "MEDIA PLAYER" . I wait for some time and then play some other song by selectiong the same through the Steering Buttons . STill no sound. I then switch on the CD player . The HU display shows the name of the song but still there is no sound from the speakers. I bring the car to a stop and switch of the engine . Once I restart it I notice that none of the lights on my HU or the ACC panel are working. Both of then are totally dead.
    I switch of the car again and start it , still the situation is the same. ACC and the music player are completely dead. No lights , no sound.
    However I notice that the ODO has started blinking!!! Do note that ONLY the odo(total kms done) is blinking. Not other display is blinking. Aprt from this no other message on the MID.

What can be the reason ? I will take it to TASS tommorrow but can anyone tell the reason ? Probably some fuse has blown off .

When I looked at the manual I find that the Music Player and the ACC have different fuses so am surprised why both of then have gone "dead" simultaneously.

I got my car ICEd around 2 months back and there is a Blaupunkt PnP475 amplifier connected . Can it be that some fuse has blown of due to some fault in this ? But that would be strange because the amplifier already has an inbuilt fuse.
    Its done 9K kms and is Punto 90hp. FIATs really need to have a proper quality control!!
    Can anyone give feedbacks? What does the blinking ODO mean ?

Thanks in Advance!!
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Blinking odo,,,
    Have you updated the blue n me since you took delivery?
    If yes, which version did you update to?
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    You have blown off the 10 Amp fuse, that powers HU and ACC.
    The fuse is available just below the stering column.

You need to replace the fuse rated 10 as shown in the above image.

Did you used PNP wiring harness for Blaupunkt tha475 pnp amplifier?

obdport.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  4. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Please see below for the reply.
  5. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Thanks for the detailed info Viny. When trying to remove the fuse I notice that i am not able to "hold" the fuse and pull out with my hand . I mean its too small. Do we require some special instruments ? Is it a simple pulltype fuse? Are there any spare fuses in the box available ?

I got the stuff driven at Driven east of kailash. Reading about the reviews of these guys I did not really check as to what harness they are using . Just told them to to the best . Is it possible to check the wiring harness on my own ? Just to give you some info the Amplifier has been placed below the front passeenger seat ,and the wiring has been encapsulated just below the lower door beading. So I can only see the small part available near the amplifier.

Thanks again for your fantastic detailling!!

@gurjinder , When I took the delivery of the car in Dec 2010 the ODO was blinking . Apart from that there was a problem in the sense that , when the right door was opened the MID showed it as left and vice versa. I took the car to TASS immediately and they connected there programmer , did some stuff and the blinking and the "wrong door info" was fixed. After that the ODO too stopped blinking. That was then in Jan-11.Note that there was no "H" symbol in my car MID when I took the delivery.
    The ODO has again started blinking AFTER the problem that I have highlighted in this thread has occured. So I want to know if it indicates something , like if some fuse is blown or some thingelse , then it starts blinking...
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    The H symbol not being there smacks of the dealer using the car ~<200kms and then resetting the odometer.

In the Palio a very nifty Fuse puller was provided in the car from factory. I wonder if its there in the Linea/Punto?

A bit of googling around has brought forward the fact that CAN-bus issues cause this odo blinking. Guru Viny can clarify ;).

Gurjinder.
  7. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida

@Gurjinder..If the dealer would havve reset that then does this also reset the service reminder schedule....Because what I notice is that "Kms left for 2nd service" = 15000 - ODO reading . And this calculation is coming exact....not even a km here or there!!!
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You shouldn't worry too much about the Odo being reset for test drives. Vivek, did the dealer from which u bought the car had a 90hp TD car? Because a new car in the stockyard isn't covered with warranty and test drive cars are at a very high risk of getting involved in accidents. e.g. In Chandigarh, dealers only have 1.2 petrol and 1.3 diesel for TD. Thosewanting to TD 1.4 get display car for TD and that too at only one dealership. 90hp cars could have been used for TD back in June when they were just launched but I see no point in using stockyard 90hp in Dec.

The odo of my own car was reset at the dealership before delivery.

Regarding ODO BLINKING, get proxy alignment done at TASC. It won't happen again.
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    Here's my calculated guess. And i request a validation from the more experienced members

The H symbol stays on for the initial 200kms unless reset , upon which the odometer comes to zero, and can never be reset again. Only the tripmeters can be.

Scenario1:
    The H symbol is not reset and it disappears automaticaly after 200 kms. The service reminder calculates from this mileage.

Scenario 2:
    After driving for say xkms with the H symbol, i reset the odo and it comes down to zero. Now the service reminders calculates from zero onwards.

Either way, the calculation will be exact.

Gurjinder.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    in my car punto 90 hp i never saw H symbol (bought nov10.)
    i had seen it unloaded from MH reg trailer, and when delivered it read 25 km . i learnt about 'H' in TFI.