1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Absolute Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by pdydeva, Oct 10, 2012.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    How come oil ended up there? And, why the door panel was opened for cleaning?
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I personally request light hearted ones who love their beloved cars not to visit the FASS in the middle of the day after they have left it in the morning.., most of them will be doing the F1 racing, zipping in the corners.. Caution you may faint at any time..:evilsmile
    2 people like this.
  3. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Ravi sir, that's how they tried to solve the issue of slow winding of power window glass. I have this issue from the day I purchased the car and have taken it to Prerana Kudlu gate twice before. First time they lubricated the window channel with some oil (no, it's not 3M window channel spray, it's oil) for smooth movement of glass :uh It started dripping the very next day and the entire bottom of door, runner board was filled with black and sticky oil. Then imagine the amount of oil collection inside the panel.
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    OMG. They created this mess and they should have cleaned it properly without making you wait for hours. :(
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    As a matter of fact, same guy has been trying to troubleshoot the window glass issue in Prerana too. A new technician/SA who saw this oil stain in door scolded him for having done that. I heard my SA telling to another person that this guy (technician who tried fixing the window problem) doesn't do his work unless we stand by his side.

Seriously..
    1 person likes this.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Ok jokes apart this is real and serious.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Didnt they get enough time to get customer feedback and correct themselves, or are they waiting for a decade to get all feedback and start resolving one by one.
    I was planning to do 45K service from Vecto. I am forced to rethink and do it from TVM.. That also may be another frustrating day to get that done from Mohandas.. :(.
    1 person likes this.
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Carelessness in service industry is common everywhere. I don't think we can do much about it but, just stand by the side of our vehicle and get things done to our satisfaction.
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Effect of a normal wash, Meguiar's NXT Gen Tech wax 2.0 paste and 2 hours on a saturday.
    Detailing session would have been complete if I had a power spray and the clay kit too.

20130706_181905_new.jpg 20130706_180940_new.jpg 20130706_181147_new.jpg 20130706_181004_new.jpg 20130706_181120_new.jpg 20130706_181022_new.jpg

It's very difficult to see the complete benefit for the effort spent on a white car.
    3 people like this.
  10. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    It's almost 1 year and 4 months of ownership with 22K kms of mileage. No major issues faced till now and everything is in stock condition including the brake pads (except front speakers). To my surprise I saw some rust at few places as shown in the pictures below.

Near the boot door electrical connector
    IMG_20140125_105905.jpg
    FASS SA suggests that repainting should solve it. But, I'm not sure if the rust is from deep inside the welding spot. Not even 2 years from the date of manufacturing and such a rust. Is it normal?

Near the front door hinges
    IMG_20140125_110320.jpg

IMG_20140125_110059.jpg