Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by pdydeva, Oct 10, 2012.
Congrats and happy Puntoing.......
I had my PDI this evening, and mine was also 1.3 emotion absolute bnw.
unfortunately i had the same issue that rear right door central lock is not working/had some issues with lock unlock. the sales adviser already noted the same and promised me that it will be rectified. mine had H80 km in odo not sure its been under test run at factory but interesting news is that there are 180 BNW punto is available as stock in factory it seems.
mine is May 2012 make and had 5 Apollo Accelere tyres and spare wheel too is 15" steel rim. I am satisfied with the dealer as they noticed the issues before my PDI and promised that it will be rectified.
Of all dealers treat their customer like this surely Fiat sales will increase...Btw,congrats on your purchase...
Yeah never expect to have this kind of experience but it was fine. thanks
Yes. When I meant Absolute pack, it included the insurance discount, free RSA too.
Congrats Dhans. But I didn't have any central locking issues with the doors. Just that the door locks are bit tight to open, which I feel should get easier as time passes.
Thanks all for your wishes.
Sorry for keeping this thread dormant for a while. As you might have guessed or experienced (when you bought your new car), I was driving, driving, driving and driving. BOY! this is a car you'll never wanna get out of the driver's seat. Simply put, the car is so good to drive.
Coming back to the delivery experiences:
Delivery was scheduled on 12th October at 4pm. We reached the showroom at around 5pm (expecting delays). Payment was all done by bank loan transactions (along with down payment) and we had nothing to pay to the dealer in person. Stepped into the showroom and was greeted by the team leader with a smile. I was looking for my car at the delivery bay and didn't find it. TL said that they forgot to put the Absolute badging and is getting done at the yard (which is 3 kms away). Meanwhile, we were finalizing the paper works and other formalities.
TL was explaining us all details about the servicing intervals etc,. and the car was driven into the delivery bay by the SE. OMG.. where's the Absolute mud flap? It's fitted with the regular rubber mat (reading 'for use in Punto'). SE pretended as though he didn't notice it and said will get it done tomorrow in the morning (got the absolute mud flaps in hand the next day. Thought I'd get it fitted later on). What I guessed was the delivery fellas were not aware that the car was supposed to be fitted with absolute accessories and somehow managed to fit the door sil, floor mats and get absolute badging alone. I went around the car and everything appeared fine. SE was explaining all the features and things to regularly check and we were done.
Came back into the showroom for collecting all manuals and documents and found that the insurance was done for a 90HP Emotion Pk and not for Emotion. TL tried to cover it up by saying that insurance company may not have updated their software. What??? I said it'd be a serious problem later and that I wanted it corrected completely. He agreed. I was actually eligible for 5.5K worth accessories and got the Chrome tip fitted already. Will be getting tyvek (white) car cover, pillows and neck rest in few more days (all OE).
All right, now ready for dealership pooja and to get it rolling to a nearby temple. A photograph was taken and we were gifted a sweet box. By the time I was getting ready, got the printed photograph instantly (cool..). SE said the car is already filled with 5 litres of Diesel and it's OK to drive. Greeted everyone before driving away and was nervous for a while to drive a brand new white colored car (even though I have driven different cars several times in that road) amidst a heavy traffic of zig-zagging 2 wheelers. All is well.
It's been 15 days since delivery and have covered 1600 kms already. A trip to Ooty is one among that. Thanks to the Speed beep feature, I didn't cross 90kph and kept the rpm below 2.5k for most of the time. Will be continuing run-in limitations for another 1000 kms.
* Superb corner handling. Very confidence inspiring steering supported by 195mm Apollo acelere.
* Perfect suspension for Indian roads and for better handling.
* Perfect brakes. Haven't got a chance to feel ABS kicking in.
* Perfect thud while closing the doors.
* Stock speakers are decent enough when compared to Tata Vista.
* Auto AC is fast enough to cool the entire cabin.
* Comfortable front seats.
* Dual horns are loud enough but the citizens are not sharp enough.
* Front fog lamps work better (when compared to Vista / i10 IMO)
* under body didn't scratch anywhere till now. Touch wood.
* many more
* Closely placed pedals. I'm 5'9" and I wear a 9 sized footwear, which doesn't allow me to enjoy the so called dead pedal.
* Long clutch play. I'm used to it now. But Fiat could have done better with that.
* Not enough space within dash board glove box (attributed by the Blue & Me unit).
* Not as peppy as Swift (Have to wait and see as many have mentioned that MJD opens up after 5k kms)
* Not a great rear view from inside (IMO when compared to Alto or i10)
*** Disclaimer: All of these are my personal opinion.
Issues faced till now (pending fix):
* Rear LHS window rolls down very slowly when compared to others.
* Very feeble rattle from rear LHS even when driving on a smooth road (with Music off).
* Blue and Me stopped playing from USB twice till now. Had to restart the car to get it fixed. Restarting the player didn't help. No wonder Blue & Me is a Microsoft product
Pending: photo uploads. My office work is keeping me completely occupied :sad1
Good to hear your buying experience. I think Sales persons are not trained to sell Limited Edition Absolute variants and thats the reason this confusion.
Awaiting for pics of your car.
Congrats bro, do post some pics of ur Italian beast
It's not just Absolute edition. He wasn't even aware where the rear foot AC vent is.. I was stunned when he said it's a mistake in the car brochure and that right from the first car he dealt with he never saw a rear AC vent
For sure, People who have Fiat Cars are well more aware of the features than the sales Persons on the bay....
Separate names with a comma.