1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Absolute Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by pdydeva, Oct 10, 2012.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Thanks to TFI admin & mods, for building such a wonderful forum giving most of the details of Fiat India cars. This Forum has certainly answered many of my questions to choose a Fiat product with confidence.

The machine:
    Fiat Punto 2012
    1.3 MJD Emotion (Absolute pack)
    Boss nova white
    FLZ (June 2012) make

Did a PDI yesterday and I was satisfied overall:
    Not so impressed:
    - Firstly my Galaxy S2 didn't have enough juice to run a photo session during PDI
    - Lesser thud when closing the LHS rear door (but no rattles)
    - Rear door opening was bit difficult. Had to pull the lever twice or thrice atleast to get it unlocked (same experience on 5 other Puntos at the yard). May be requires getting used to.
    - There were no rattles while opening or closing all 6 doors (including bonnet and boot). Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to test drive the vehicle as the yard was fully packed with other vehicles.
    - Rust on brake pads and few other cast iron parts in the engine bay
    - The dashboard compartment. God.. it's so bad that Fiat is not able to take care of this one simple piece of locking mechanism :A Tried to lock it 5-6 times in vain. 7th time onwards it was locking and unlocking fine. Will check again on the day of delivery

Impressed:
    - No misaligned panels (bumpers, front quarters, bonnet, boot and other doors). Impressed with the even panel gaps.
    - No uneven paint issues. No rusts.
    - Under body seemed quite neat and new.
    - Odometer read 'H 16'. Interestingly all the Puntos at the yard read between 16-20 with H symbol.
    - Steering and gear shift were smooth (of course on a stationed vehicle)
    - All the 5 Apollo Accelere tyres were having the spikes ON (so the car wasn't used for TD). Had a 15" steel spare wheel (note: some of the Sports owners were complaining about their 14" spares)
    - All the seats were wrapped up with polythene cover (as against some dealerships removing them while unloading)
    - No cracked or damaged glasses. Glasses tinted for 70% transparency all around and 75% for front windshield alone.
    - All fluids up to the mark
    - Fast cooling effect of AC
    - No much engine noise or vibration inside cabin with all doors closed.

Yet to verify all other lighting and electronic controls like wiper & washer etc,.
    Absolute kit has arrived for my car. Requested for delivery on Friday afternoon (of course taking the delivery in day light).

Overall buying experience:
    If not for the 90hp emotion vs sports confusion (which if you didn't know, I was told by Fiat (some of Ricky's men) that Emotion 90hp would be available from Nov/December and immediately refused by Mangesh's men that they can't guarantee about relaunching 90hp other than sports), everything was quite smoother.
    Freebies: 5,000 rupees worth accessories or cash discount and nothing more (I wasn't eligible for corporate discount). Fitting an OE chrome exhaust tip as part of the freebie.
    Waiting to get my Punto on road with an Absolute Emotion :p

Mods: I will be continuing to use this thread for all my future ownership experience.
    3 people like this.
  2. Just 5k discount???its way too less...You should have bargained for reverse parking sensors atleast...
    And 15 inchers spare wheel??wow!!So Sports owners are the only one suffering here...
    Congrats for your new ride...enjoy your ride..
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    PdyDeva, many congrats to you for your choice, drive safe and please share lots of beautiful pics.
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Pdydeva, Congrats on the buy.
    Do post Picture and review about your car after taking delivery.

Wishing you a lot of happy miles on your ride.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Many congratulations. The more you drive the Punto, the more you will come to love it.

Please post pics ASAP!
  6. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Congrats on your new Punto.. After reading the PDI, I'm eager for the review of the beauty.. :D
    Too bad your phone went bad at the wrong place..!! :(
  7. Congrats for your punto
    Happy miles ahead.
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Arnab, This is Absolute edition.. you know.. "You can't ask for more" :mrgreen:
    Even I felt that 5k discount was too less for this car. But he strictly refused for anything beyond 5k. Unfortunately, he's the only dealer at my place. This may be an action of revenge as I didn't accept to buy a May 2012 BNW car lying at their yard. Instead I made a fresh order and got June 2012 model.

He offered me some parking sensors (probably Autocop) in black color for 2.5k rupees. But I was interested in a white colored sensor and so he offered me Minda parking sensor with voice guidance costing ~5k rupees. I didn't want to risk with not so popular brand (for parking sensors) and rejected the parking sensor deals altogether. I have ordered a Tyvek white car cover as part of the 5k accessories offer along with the chrome exhaust tip.

Sorry about the suffering of Sports owners.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Thanks everyone. Will definitely post pictures along with my initial report after few days.
  9. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    Congratulations ! And celebrations of course ;)
  10. I didnt get your point buddy,its absolute edition thats fine,but just 5k disc apart from the Absolute pack?is this what you meant?

I think you got insurance at 50% cost+RSA+Absolute pack+Apart from that 5k cash discount,right?If this is the deal,you got an excellent deal....

2.5 k for autocop parking sensor is a good offer,you can get it painted,its hard to get body color parking sensors,and even if you get they dont match..It looks really ugly,your option is either leave it black,or get it painted..