1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ABS on reverse - Does it give any feedback

Discussion in 'Technical' started by paritosh, Oct 18, 2011.

1. paritosh

Here is what i recently experienced.
    I have got an Emotion pack and difficult parking lot in the apartment. I do have to reverse quite a bit to get out on mains. I do turn it most of times, but on an early morning i decided to reversed it completely on a plain stretch with some speed, now when it came to braking, it was sudden at speed and i did get some sort of khat khat feedback from the brake . I did not skid or loose control. The car stopped as expected. But i did experience the feedback..

Is this the ABS that is kicking in that gave the feedback or is there something wrong with the brake?

I never experienced this during any regular drives or rather front braking(normal speed/ no sudden braking) or reverse braking (slow speed)
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

if your wheels are getting locked on the incline then the abs will kick in.
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

the very first thing i'll ask you is, is your building have paver blocks flooring?? if yes then my ans is YES too. On paver blocks ecu sends ABS feedback very early than normal tarmac condition. Its kinda signal slip you can say. As suraface is uneven on paver blocks & traction gained by wheels is bit diffrent than tarmac condition.
    If your parking space is not made up of paver blocks still the feedback you mention is ABS only. May be that location may contain some gravel.
    Dont worry about it too much, it was ABS only. It totaly depends on condition of surface you are driving & how you applied them. Our brakes are really good, so stay chill.
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Well, to ABS forward & reverse motion is the same. Its looking for wheel lockups & slips. If it detects anything out of ordinary, it should kick in.
  5. paritosh

Thanks.. thats been reassuring