1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ABS light on MID

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by chsekharbabu, Nov 10, 2010.

1. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai
    Yesterday, i noticed that ABS loght on MID started glowing continously and message "ABS failure.Check the handbook" was dispalyed. I asked my Father In Law to take the vehicle to Service Center to rectify.

While taking delivery of the vehicle, the guys asked for Rs 330/- towards charges saying that ABS wires were cut and they did some job to recirfy that.I called them and said it should be covered under warranty.For that if it was rectified during service, they would have done free.

I didnt understand the logic as my vehicle has run only 2k kms and not due for first service.I asked my Father In law to pay and get the bill for the same.

I would like to know whether paid fee was justifiable or i have been taken for a ride?
  2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

By "cut" what did he mean?? was it a rat eating or it was cut by a blade or something???
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Warranty claim is independent of servicing in general. Punto has a service interval of 1 year. Do they expect us to wait for one year if message regarding ABS is showing?

They would have been correct in saying that a damaged ABS wire (e.g. if it ischewed by rats as experienced by some members here) does not come under warranty so they are charging for it.

Did they charge you Rs330 towards labour charges alone or did they charge for other expenses as well?
  4. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai
    PaddleShifter,

Sorry for the late reply.I checked the bill and it was stated as "Standard checks: ABS wires re checked and corrected " and they charged Rs 330 incl of VAT.

When i argued with them, they aksed to write to FIAT and if they asked to revert, they will pay back the same.Shall i go ahead or leave this issue?
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    More interested in finding who the dealer is. Also I believe they should explain the customer what was done - But the looks of the item description it seems a more of check and not item has been replaced.
  6. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai
    Teky,

Dealer is M G Brothers, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh.I was planning to either call or mail FIAT CC on this and show the attitude of dealers.
  7. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai

I go the invoice and found that it was billed as Standard check for ABS wires.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I thought you had serviced it somewhere in Chennai. However why don't you ask them to explain what exactly they did for that 330 Rs. Also how can they do it for free during service, Something isn't right here.

I don't know how good the CC is, Wait till seniors chip-in
  9. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Novizio

Hosur
    I also faced similar issue in my Punto some 4-5months back. I took my car to a Fiat service station in Bangalore and they got it rectified in 15-30min time and didn't charge me anything. When I asked the details of this problem to the service engineer, he told me that due rain/dust and all the ABS sensor was not working and it got cleaned and rectified. :confused
  10. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Novizio

Hosur