1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ABS issue

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by ramesh_v, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    oh hell yeh these rats are sun of gun :A !!when my LINEA was only 2 weeks old, i was trying to start my car for 10min but all in wain!!so i pop up the hood & hah!!One rat :devil was sitting at power steering oil tank & start running!!thankfully i called an engineer & it was fixed in no time!!
  3. R Alavandar

R Alavandar

Chennai
    1. Keep the cabin clean and do not leave food stuff / crumbs inside the cabin.
    2. If rat menace is prevalent in your area, or the car is stand still for long, then, keep rat poison cakes (Martin Rat kill) inside the the hood or simply spray black pepper powder around and underneath the car.
    3. Use rat traps for catching them.
  4. R Alavandar

R Alavandar

Chennai
    1. I also faced the ABS warning when I was on a long drive (Chennai to Coimbatore). En route only I called up the service people. They advised to drive carefully and avoid sudden braking. When I tried sudden braking at high speeds without ABS I found that the rear wheels were getting locked. Any way, on reaching Coimbatore, Tafe people had rectified it in 30 minutes (sensor was disconnected it seems).
    2. Second time when it happened (Concorde Chennai), it was immediately after servicing - so I think it is some goof up during wheel balancing/ alignment. I fund it on the test drive itself and showed them. The sensor was changed. Still it did not go. Then they disconnected battery for ten minutes and reconnected. The resultant rebooting of ECU rectified the defect.
  5. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Thats one maverick Rat :boxer
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    hell yeh bro!!
  7. drdeepudev

drdeepudev Timido

Alleppey, Kerala
    Guys, for the fourth time :A (after 4 visits to service center for the same issue & replacing the sensor once), I'm facing the same issue of 'abs unavailable'. I got the issue en route to Alleppey from Trivandrum, yesterday night. The warning goes off once the car is started, and comes up as soon as I drive for around 1km. I'm literally frustrated with this issue and raised this complaint to FIAT road side assistance and customer care, who directed this complaint to Concorde motors, Cochin. The RSA people assured me that, there is nothing to worry and you can continue your journey. But I lost my confidence and had to cut down my speed. I'm not sure why this is happening only to my car. Guys, any insights on this? I'll keep you people informed of the progress.