1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ABS Failure in Fiat Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Guru_mprasad, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai
    My Fiat Linea 1.3 mjd after a water wash is beeping with ABS Failure message in the MID. I also left the car to dry for several hours now, but still get the same warning. Any gyan on this?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    How was the water wash done? Water was pressured in the engine bay too?
    Was your car stationed idle for couple of days/weeks?
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Also how old is your car and the batteries?
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    A quick tour to SC might be needed. The message needs deletion at-least and also a series of checks to ensure all electricals are free of water/humidity. The battery status can be best checked at the same time on scanner while deleting the message.
  5. AndyRKett

AndyRKett Timido

United Kingdom
    Norfolk
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It's likely water has gotten into one of the plugs for the wheel sensors once dry the warning will remain until the car sees that the fault has gone, with the abs that means all 4 wheels need to be turning together at the same speed so if the error doesn't go away after a short 3-4 mile drive then it might be a failed and wheel sensor
    asimpleson, ramjn and prabhjot like this.
  6. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai
    I just replaced new Amaron 55Ah battery. Water seems to have been pressurized inside the engine bay too. After the wash the car was nit driven for long. One mechanic said that scanning needs to be done and another person told me that it might be because of moisture condensation at that it will go away when it gets dried up.
  7. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai
    Now the error does not appear any more in the console. Need to wait and see if this is some thing to worry.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Where exactly the ABS thing located in the car?
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday in the evening got a message in the MID--'ABS unavailable'.Became seriously worried and contacted ANISH of GARODIA FIAT.He requested me to take my car to the ws as the problem is to be diagonised with the scanner.So went to GARODIA today.And after barely 5 mins after the car got an entry into the ws I was called by the ss.It was a torn/cut wire of the rear left ABS sensor.They told me it was a handy work of some rat.But actually it is the work of 3 little dogs who often take rest under my parked car.Anyway the problem was rectified within minutes and I left the showroom within an hour.
    venky1957 and Tornado like this.