1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ABS FAILURE -ERROR

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by ccprakash, Sep 16, 2013.

1. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    HI All - Iam seeing the weired message from the MID saying that ABS FAILURE -Refer your fiat hand book. Had any body such kind of issue earlier..?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hope battery is not dying?
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Could be one of the sensors acting up. Also check if all the ABS wires running out of the wheels are intact. I had a similar issue sometime back and it went away after cleaning the sensors. Our fellow member Vijay_Khasa has posted the information about cleaning them. Can't find them now!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi, Pls visit FASS and get the diagonisis done. It could be dust from brake pads or similar thing on the sensors etc.

i had similar issue (ABS unavailable) and this was due to the sensor wire bEing pinched by the weight of the passenger seat at the back... Got it insulated then there was no repeat of this issue.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-3-mjd/9666-hello-linea-5.html

i am sure it will turnout to be a minor issue only. Best of luck
  5. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    I had this error once when rat chewed the wire.
  6. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Check the battery condition as well :confused. I was getting abs failure, airbag failure along with odo blinking. Checked with TASS and found the battery was dying. Changed the battery to amaron din 55 and now no errors. :p
  7. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    OT : Well in my Punto, when battery was dying i used to get immobilizer icon lock and car symbol and air bag failure message !
    never got ABS failure...
  8. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks to all for your inputs. I went to KHT motors, for diagnosis . They identified ABS wire chewed by mouse. Its there on the left hand side of engine bay near to the battery.

By the way is there any permanent solution to stop rats entering into the car..? Earlier also in my old car i got the same problem.
  9. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai