1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

About to join the Fiat family... suggestions and free advice please . ..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by joeswatmail, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Somnath Maitra

If you are on a budget, prefer the pre-facelift looks, and want this to be a third car i.e., a workhorse you should go for 2014-built Linea Classic. And then upgrade/size its tyres/alloys. You might get good discounts on that one too.

I don't know your budget but with the year end deals on: a new 2014 Linea Dynamic mjd would still be the one to have, preferably. The new Linea's GC, its ride quality, its dashboard design and materials, its nvh levels, its alloys etc are a big improvement, as is the fit and finish, and greater overall air of sophisticated quality, premium-ness to go with the usual Linea traits of build, safety, ride etc.

For diesel workhorse purposes can I also direct you on a slight tangent: The Avventura! Really: a differently packaged and styled and reworked Linea mjd, I might say without lying! ;-) Will fit the budget better, and will probably be better in Kolkata conditions.

BUT: try Austin out before Garodia.
    sandipan_r15 likes this.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Somnath Maitra,to search for the T-jet kmpl figure please search the LINEA T-Jet ownership threads.
    http://www.teamfiat.com/forums/linea-1-4-t-jet.50/
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 30, 2014 ---
    And in case the boot is not the extreme necessity & the fuel option(i.e. diesel) is;please, please check out the AVVENTURA MJD DYNAMIC(EX SHOWROOM kolkata 800208/-) or PUNTO EVO 90 HP(7,51,145/-).But if u want just the LINEA please ignore this post.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  3. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    An update of my new Punto Evo booking....
    After a full discount on the insurance, i was asked to pay an initial amount of 4 lakhs as a confirmation of my order... I was promised that the Evo 90 HP in Gold will be delivered to me in about 25 days max (before Christmas as per my request)
    The next day(Saturday , 29/11/2014) i transferred 4 lakhs to their account...
    Yesterday they called me and said... "sir 90hp variant in gold is no available at pune readily, its under manufacturing so it might take about 40 to 50 days..."
    My first disappointment.... I asked them why have you not informed me this earlier... They said they were not aware of this....
    Hope they won't disappoint again...
    How long will it take... I wonder?
    sandipan_r15 and prabhjot like this.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please contact FIAT CUSTOMER CARE 18002095556 , they may help you in this regard.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I think this is quite annoying. Just shoot an email to Fiat and report this and ask for a resolution. I know most dealers do this to change customer mind to choose something in stock.
    joeswatmail and prabhjot like this.
  6. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Even same sentence was quoted to me by SA of Vecto motors in Bangalore post vehicle confirmation. But I insisted to have black color. Eventually They delivered in time. Please raise this with Fiat & don't give into choosing an available color.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  7. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    These are the kind of tactics that put FAIT in the bad spotlight. Not that other manufactures do not do it, but when it comes to FIAT, things are looked with 4 eyes. The dealer should also be held responsible for the bad name that they create for the brand. FIAT should take these kind of matters seriously and do want is necessary to change the way the dealers work.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  8. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I met the Manager of the Showroom and asked for proper explanation on the delay in delivery...
    He politely apologised and showed me the mails he received from Fiat. Glitterati gold and hip hop black in 90hp is out of stock and will be not be manufactured till 1st January 2015.
    He again asked me if i had any idea of getting the emotion 75hp Evo gold, as it was readily available...
    I said I am not going to compromise.
    The Manager then promised to deliver in the second half of Jan 2015.
    I took it as a blessing in disguise, and left light hearted...
    sandipan_r15 and prabhjot like this.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    New Car in New Year!
    Good that the Manager/dealership answered your case with transparency.It's time to research for some accessories.
    prabhjot and joeswatmail like this.
  10. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    True, @Sandipan...
    Any advice on what are the absolute essential accessories for Punto Evo, other than Reverse park assist.. ?
    sandipan_r15 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.