1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

About to join the Fiat family... suggestions and free advice please . ..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by joeswatmail, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi, am Joe from Pondicherry...About to book an Evo 90Hp this month...
    This is my first car.. I've heard about Fiat cars a lot . .. and believed it when I took a test drive in the fiat punto last year....
    Since that, i have made up my mind to go for the Punto. Now that i am about to buy one, I am pretty much confused on the choice of colour.

my favourite colour is Black... but my parents are not... so my bicycle(Atlas Macho 1997) and my bike (Honda Unicorn 2004) was and is dark grey and i love them...
    But now though I don't have any restrictions to pick the colour of my Evo, I don't prefer Black. Because in my opinion, black, doesn't do the punto justice..
    My wife prefers white or tuscan wine. But I don't like the Tuscan wine coz it doesn't look good in direct sunlight, looks just like maroon ( again, my opinion. No offense) .
    I have narrowed down my choice to either Pearl white or the Magnesio Grey.
    Unfortunately I have never seen a magnesio grey Punto on road or in showrooms... ... photos on the net and some blogs are too varying from one another... some pics show the car darker than others . ..
    So am a bit confused...
    I have even asked a couple of Showrooms to give me a call if they have a Grey Punto...
    Help me with some un tweaked pics if possible...

(This is my first post in this blog... do pardon if i have crossed any line )
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Just let your wife decide! Maybe she'll choose the glitterati gold? ;-)

Google the overdrive magazine video review of the Evo: it featured the magnesio grey. Looks terrific, imo. White? Not so much, since it dilutes the sporty-italian re-styling, front and rear.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hearty congratulations for the right choice and welcome to TFI

You are right, there aren't many Magnesio grey Puntos. But it does look good in this color and your Punto would stand out in the lot. Having said that, with touch of chrome on Evo's body, black colour blends well as compared to Grande. Have really liked Evo in black compared to Grande. You can have a look at @armico's black Evo here -

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fiat-photography.572/page-133

Not sure did I increase your confusion:)
    aramico likes this.
  4. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Pearl White. You can never go wrong with white. Looks majestic and is a color for all seasons.

Black am not sure how you didn't like it. I like the EVO in black only. To me the GP is better than EVO exterior wise and most colors looked good on GP.

Only problem with either black or white is that thy are hard to maintain.
  5. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Gongrats! on selecting Punto. :)
    I am not sure, what shade of gray (Magnesio/Minimal) this is, but hope this helps.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

fiat0.jpg
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  6. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Luckily she doesn't like Gold colour...
    rsinfo likes this.
  7. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  8. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My opinion, I have seen the Evo on the road in white and it looked absolutely stunning. I kept on looking at it again and again,

The chrome in the white colour just accentuates the car.
  9. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Lucky you !
    joeswatmail likes this.
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    My choice would be Magnesio Gray :)
Thread Status: