1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

About the stock Goodyear GT3

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by redbull, Jan 15, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Italia-Linea

Thanx. But what about MRF ZVTS ?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    yeh, those stock GT3 tyres are pretty good while grip on the road is concerned.its kinda hard rubber so their are very less chances of wear tear in normal daily driving conditions.Even i did 120 kmph. on it & it feels pretty stable! the only drawback is they are noisy if you roll down windows on CC road. Even on tight corners at high speed, :up it gives vary good grip though we think that car will start sliding!! :drinks :up
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @bhai, go for GT3 only. those are really good set of tyres!! Im not saying because the stock tyres are GT3 but their feedback is really gud!!!
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes Tron, I agree with you. I had used Goodyear for my UNO. Excellent Ride & outstanding stability is there.

But some members are arising question of Noise. When I was using UNO,I didn't pay attention to tyre noise.

But those were not GT3. So Iam little bit confused. Are they noisy on regular tar Road ?
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    doesn't hard rubber mean less grip?
  7. Indeed, - harder rubber means lesser grip than those with softer rubbers.

In my experience, except for the noise part, I found the GT3-s quite good in terms of grip in all round conditions. I had done 170 kmph in dry conditions and 160 kmph in POURING conditions and still I felt nothing unusual or worry-some at all- touch wood..!! It felt as stable and comfortable (of course it is in a Punto, that apart) ::T
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @bhai, no not on tar road, on cement concrete road!! but actually speaking its not at all that big issue!!
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    doesn't hard rubber mean less grip?[/quote]

harder rubber means lesser grip than those with softer rubbers.

@ThePunter, no doubt you are right but in GT3 balance occured is very good!!though its hard rubber still grip is impressive!! ::T
  10. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    frnds,

i am just back from a gruelling 1400km of rajasthan. in four days. (23-26.01). The grip provided by GT3 is excellant and despite the MDRs and Village road that I had to travel in Central and Western Rajasthan, no flats. Roads were ranging from absolute dream (Mega highway) to nightmares (MDRs and village roads. So you can well imagine the gruel, tyre underwent through. Except the noise, I love these tyres. Pls remember the tyres are already 35000km old.