1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

About the stock Goodyear GT3

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by redbull, Jan 15, 2011.

1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Hi,

About the standard 195/60R15 Goodyear GT3. What is the opinion on these tires? Do you guys honestly feel these tires have enough grip for heavy cars like FIAT Punto? Today I took the car on NICE road and did two rounds of 100+. First time it felt as if the car was floating. It was kind of scary. I felt that the car would lose grip. Second attempt the car was stable. Maybe the first road stretch was not plain enough. But will road undulations cause such a feeling of losing grip at 100?
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    The GT3 stock tyres of my Linea are quite good when it comes to the road grip. I have driven over 40000km with great confidence and many times I am at over 140kmph.
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I have Goodyear Durocoro R13 not sure about 175/70 or 80 in my Palio 1.2, these are awesome, even at the speeds of 140+ it just asks for give me more

GT3 is two grades above the Durocoro and they must be very good
  4. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    GT3s are noisy but road grip is superb. I have driven them for 33000km and they look good for another 33000 atleast.
  5. Grip is good. Infact i never had a puncture for 25000 kms. Even after 25k kms the grip was good.
    but the tyres are noisy, unbearable at times (esp on cement roads) !!!!
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I think keeping the tyres at 32 psi for a single person is over inflated and this is the reason for it's feeling like losing grip. Should keep it at user manual recommended 29 for lower end of the load. For 32, it needs at least 100 kgs more to become stable. On highway, I was with my family which would account for the additional 100 kgs, and the tyre pressure was 32. But the car was not jumping or floating around.
  7. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    GT3 tyres are good but noisy. Road grip is decent.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    GT3 are gud tyres with great grip.Many a times ive done 110+ on these typres and never ever felt that the car is floating or loosing its grip,infact it craves for more.Only downside for these typres are the noise :-( very much audible in the cabin.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I want to install new tyres for my MJD Active. I don't want to upgrade because of ussue of low GC.

Currently I have bore dum JK :A

I have shortlisted Goodyear/MRF ZVTS /Apollo. Which one will be good for Comfort,Grip & min.noise ?
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    appolo accelare are good. if you want best grips buy michelins, but soft rubber = more wear tear. michelins are outstanding when it comes to wet road performance due to soft rubbers.