1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abnormal sound from engine.

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by VIJENDRA SINGH, Jul 22, 2015.

1. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear friends on the return journey from Ghatampur, I observed a weird sound from engine side. Its noise was like that of an stuck gear during attempt to change gear & the awkward thing is that I was not changing gear, the first gear was already engaged & I was in slow moving traffic. The noise arrived when I disengaged the clutch in my attempt to move from standstill position, no gear change was attempted. Kindly help me to understand the reason of such problem. & I have observed water flowing from near engine guard area after I park my car, is it from air conditioner?
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Need more details..
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Is it really a engine noise or gear grinding noise.
    Low Engine Oil or Heavily Clogged Oil Filter can cause Noise from Engine. when was it last serviced?
  4. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    It was serviced (1st) on May-15. I have not heard that sound again, so can not provide any more detail. Will check Engine oil level!
    Deepak likes this.
  5. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear friends, recently did a trip to delhi & didn't encountered any abnormal sound during the entire journey (808 Kms in total).
    The travel time was more than 15 hours out of which highway drive was for approx 11 hours covering approx 700 km. & the rest 108 Km took 5 hours thanks to delhi's traffic. This trip has increased my respect for Delhi people here, seriously guys (no offense meant) how you people manage in such a super slow traffic?
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015