1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abnormal Engine Vibration in Linea T-Jet [Sep 2013]

Discussion in 'Technical' started by jobinelias, Apr 23, 2014.

1. jobinelias

jobinelias

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I have purchased my second Fiat, Linea T-Jet in Sep 2013. I started observing some vibration towards front right side of the car (Could be from Engine?). Initially, I thought its a behavior, later somehow thought of checking with FASS. It is not happening always. Most of the time, when the RPM started going beyond 1700, I am feeling it (May be when Turbo Kick in). Took the car to FASS, first time, they tried re fixing front bumper, engine guard etc, vibration did not go away. Later they got the advice from FIAT saying that Brake Booster needs to be covered with some sealant? For that, one week, the car was in FASS (Vecto Motors, Bangalore) and after that also, it did not help. I am not finding any issues with power etc and just thought of checking with all T-Jet owners, whether any one of you faced this issue earlier or now or not? I am changing the gears as per the guidance only, since it is happening and bit annoying also. FIAT is asking me to bring the car to FASS for more investigation. As its a new car and just clocked around 5800 KM, I have a fear that after the investigation by FASS, whether any new kind of new issues will arise or not. Please provide your views on this. My father is using Fiat Punto Diesel Emotion Pack since 2009 and its absolutely fine with periodic maintenance checks.

Thank You
    1 person likes this.
  2. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
  3. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    I haven't heard this in my T-Jet. May be I have just clocked 5K. @jobinelias since when you are noticing this issue?

Regards
    Gopi
  4. bandoo

bandoo Timido

PUNE
    I have Linea T Jet Sep 2013, clocked 5700+ and have no such problem observed till today..
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Have the engine mounts been checked?
  6. jobinelias

jobinelias

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I am observing this from day one. Vecto Motors could not figured it out. Engine mounts have been checked it seems and are ok. Vecto technicians tried to put some sealant in Brake Booster as per advice from Fiat. It did not help. I have raised a complaint with Fiat and requested the Fiat technical teams assistance on this. Since the car is silent, this vibration is clearly audible in different speeds. @Bandoo, may be you can try to drive at 40 KM speed on 3rd gear and raise the RPM to > 1800, If the issue persists, this abnormal sound comes when the turbo kicks in above 1800 RPM. May be you all can try it out. I am getting it in on some other speeds as well. Please let me know. I am also worried to give the car for further R&D as it might open up some other issues as well. :(

Thanks guys & Drive safe
    1 person likes this.
  7. MyJet

MyJet Timido

Hyderabad
    Hi All,

Firstly happy to say, recently I joined the TJet club. I brought my TJet Emotion car in this JAN and it is my first car and became my partner from then. I am not that a regular user still I love my car. So far, MyJet crossed 2K on the ODO with the city drives. Few days back it went for first servicing and I observed a crackling sound from engine side, and the SA says this is common in all TJet model's and this they concluded after cross checking with demo car as well. But I feel, this may not be actual answer.

This issue comes when My Jet is in Idle state and on clutch release only, on clutch press it is quiet as usual and surprisingly I did not heard any noise on drive at various speeds. So I want to check with all TJet car owners ' Whether it is same behavior with all TJets, as said by my SA here at Hyderabad'. Please advise, if this needs an action and how to approach on it, as I am very new to this world.

Waiting for replies and Thanks in advance.
    1 person likes this.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Can you describe the noise? Is it the noise of the gear engaging or something else?
  9. MyJet

MyJet Timido

Hyderabad
    Thanks for the reply, its not a gear engage sound. As this happens only at Idle position and on clutch press it would not be heard, on clutch at idle state this sounds again like (tak, tak, ..) (sounds like example say 'when a torn belt rotates, and if hits the sides' kind of)
    1 person likes this.
  10. Jagan Mohan Reddy

Jagan Mohan Reddy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    In Bangalore AADYA and KHT is doing Good ....:shocked