1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarthified - Sting powered..

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by zenwalker, Dec 15, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Infact i wanted the plastic thingy surrounding the fog lights to be black wrapped with vinyl. But Hafeez said it should be removed and put it so that the edges can be molded easily. That way vinyl wont come off or dust wont accumulate.

So does that part can be removed easily or should the bumper should come off for that?

Not sure about headlamps smoking. For me it doesnt appeal much.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay congratulations and welcome to Abarth club.

Get your car's

Mirrors, front break callipers painted in Red.
    Fog lamp bezels in black.
    Scorpio on Alloys wheel center cap.
    Black front grill.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
    1 person likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Kedar bhai.

Mirrors caps -> Good for paint or cap changing to red one if available in the parts?
    Callipers -> Yes sir, in the list of TO DO
    Fog lamp bezels -> Do you mean the silver plastic thingy around fog lights? If so, how to remove it? Paint or vinyl work good?
    Alloy wheels sticker -> Yes that to in TO DO. Also painting the alloys to white also pending.
    Black grill -> Check the pics ;)
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Oops my bad about the grill.

Mirror caps you need to paint it. New caps are available without paint.
    I mean silver part around fog lamp.
    White alloys looks mind blowing.

5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I was suggesting to get them painted. It is much easier, mine was done in 15 mins flat, I had removed the bumper though. Just mask the surrounding area and spray paint them black. Is much durable than vinyl. And it is tough to remove them(the fog lamp surrounds), we tried and it showed no signs of coming.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^,
    Oh okies, then ill go for painting. The place i am getting the calipers painted, ill ask him to do this as well.

- - - Merged Post - - -

@Kedar,
    Okies, ill get it painted too. For white alloys, i need to change the current alloys. That would cost be bomb :( So not sure if i should go for painting as of now.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Can remove it your self in 5 mins if you do not mind some bending exercise. No need to fiddle with the bumper.

- There are 3 Screws holding the fog lamp legs. 1 on the Silver trim (The plastic thingy you are talking about) and 2 under the bumper below the fog lamp. Unscrew them.
    - The fog lamp legs should now move out of their place. You may push it a bit out of the way, just enough to extract the Trim
    - The trim is just clipped ON to the bumper, you can try and feel the clips from the fog lamp hole since the fog lamps is moved away. Just push it away from your self and it should come off easily.

VJ
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Why dont you paint existing alloys instead of buying new? I paint oem alloys in white color. Have a look.

IMG_20131017_074350.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Check this...

IMG_20131017_074350.jpg

IMG_24728562748292.jpeg

ForumRunner_20131216_125140.jpg
    3 people like this.
  10. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    ^^ But the alloy painting is a long process if I am not wrong. They need to be painted and then an oven treatment and stuff. Remember this during a reading in a post. Am I right?