1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ABARTH - Starts here

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Cubbie, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Folks, I am delighted to mention that I found a guy in Jaipur who can custom cut stickers.. and as a 1st experiment i asked him to custom cut the famous ABARTH Scorpion !!

It all started 2 weeks back when I visited MI Road to get my Grande Punto Iced with AMP, SPeakers and Subwoofer... the ICE fella had number plates & I casually asked him if he can cut radium stickers.. he pointed me to his the other lane of the main road and pointed towards a narrow alley way and said ask someone for the number plate fellow and he may help....

i was skeptical as the way towards the shop was narrow where one scoter can enter and that much space only... i walked and asked a Iron Works shop on the where abouts of this number plate... was promptly directed towards his shop which is 6feet by 6feet kind of space... there hardly any space as he has installed 2 manual punching machines to imprint the numbers on number plates.
    Plus he has this desktop and the Image Cutter (Sticker cutting machine)

Last week I got the TFI sticker cut and it exactly (well almost) matches the font style used for TFI stickers.. This gave me the confidence that this guy can do bit more than Alphabet cutting.

Today, I shwowed him the Abarth logo and asked him to get this sticker cut on Red Radium... he needed the JPG file, but as it was on my mobile and he didnt have the gadget -Card reader, he took me to a near by shop and got the image transferred onto this USB stick.

Within 15 minutes he was able to draw the outline and then made finer adjustments and showed me the final output..i was very happy and delighted.

the sticker cutting machine bascially works like a plotter and does what its supposed to do without manual intervention... amazing !!

Costs : Rs 100 per sticker, i got 4 of them made just to ensure that i have some spare if I bump into any TFI member in Pune.... so Pune are you listening??? I will make sure the 1st 3 TFI members meeting me will get it... so the race is ON :p

This guy charged me Rs.100 per sticker, i know its bit on higher side, but now that the art is ready, next time i will get some bargaining done.

Now, enjoy the snaps and add comments or suggestion...

1 person likes this.
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Good work and loved the TeamFiat.co.in work as well!!!
    1 person likes this.
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Hey there..... nice stickers.....
    I am game for one... tell me your coordinates... me is interested....
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Looks like he is the next guy to get hold of in case someone loses his Fiat Logo :D
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Nice that everyone is liking it...I will be put up in my bro's flat at Pimple Soudhagar, Rosewood Apts..
    Also, i will be coming to Fiat's Summer Checkup camp at Pundit Ashoka Road (Initially i had opted for Pandit-Akrudi Service Centre and Italia_Linea suggested to change it to Ashoka Road)

So where ru staying? if you are near by then me you and Italia_Linea can meet before the Saturday's check up camp.
    i am bit familiar in and around my bro's area so can drive down as well. Mine is a RJ registered GP.. so easy to spot incase we cross our paths
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    After Viny's DIY HUD and related stuff, the guy to watch out for mods is Cubbie. :nicethread

@Cubbie- I think he should have written ABARTH below the scorpion as that would have made it even cooler, or not? :confused:
  7. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Thanks Doc, but there was no space and I wanted it plain and simple outline....
    Next one would surely have it...

1. This guy was committing that he can create the actual shield logo of Abarth in 3 color scheme.. see below the one beside the red scorpion but without the Italy's flag scheme - i am thinking of having it on the C Pillar of left side between door and tail lamp
    2. he also made me believe that he can get this etched on a steel sheet - I said why not use this idea as a memento for next TFI Mega Meet?? or
    3. atleast the key chain with scorpion

So what say guys?

Abarth logo2.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I like the Abarth sticker on the Fuel Cap, I might make one for me can you advice me which color will match for my medium Grey Punto?
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Silver or White will suit & even Black ... If others are interested, we can make regionwise single point contact and courier... this will help bargain because of volume... let me know...
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay nice to see those stickers. Are they removable. If yes get one for me too. I think it will look nice silver PUNTO. What say.