1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto or Avventura "Powered by Abarth"

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by teja rs, Nov 3, 2015.

?

Based on my requirements plz Suggest ABARTH PUNTO OR AVVENTURA "POWERED BY ABARTH"

Poll closed Nov 8, 2015.
  1. Abarth Punto

48.0%
  2. Avventura powered by Abarth

56.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. teja rs

teja rs Timido

Rajahmundry
    vijayawada
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi...

I am Planning to buy a fiat car. Narrowed down on to Abarth Punto and Avventura.

I have used Swift for about 5 years, on which I covered about 1.25L and sold it 5 months back and was waiting for abarth punto.. Now after the release of the abarth punto and abarth avventura.. Now I am little confused to go for which car..

I have listed the pros & cons on my priority.I have not driven any of the cars, the list in based on reviews..

Abarth Punto

Pros:
    1.145 Bhp.
    2. Stiffened suspension.
    3. Stability at high speeds.
    4. Love for Hatch.
    5. Abarth Brand.

Cons:
    1. Low GC (as I drive country roads and poth roads on trips;))
    2. Didn't like the red stickers (this can be removed easily)

Avventura "Powered by Abarth"

Pros:
    1. High GC
    2. No stickers.
    3. Available in Red colour.

Cons:
    1. Unstable at high speeds.
    2. soft suspension.
    3. Not a HOT Hatch.

Thanks in advance...
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Abarth Punto.
    teja rs likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    If the sheer transcendent pleasure of a powerful, responsive, nimble machine under as close to absolute control and absolute poise as is possible in India, is the greater desire (and it would be for me personally): Abarth Punto.

However, the Avventura looks splendid, charismatic and cohesive, as it is, and other than outright on the higher-limit driving/handling, would seem the better choice if you'll be venturing often onto choppy roads?

Cheers, keep us updated, boss. And TD, TD and TD! This will be a turbocharged pleasure for you if you do, this decision-making process, ha!:cool:
    cassini and Prashant Teki like this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Abarth Punto if you want out and out performance car with brilliant handling and cornering capabilities.

Avvy would give you almost the same power with SUVish looks and suspension. It has a better road presence but won't be as much fun to drive given that it has a lower state of tune, is heavier and is more ride oriented.

If I were you I would go for the real scorpion i.e the Abarth Punto eyes closed.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    " I have used Swift for about 5 years, on which I covered about 1.25L "

Anna,
    Both are not worth for you, looking at your mileage.

if budget permits,then my vote goes to Avventura with Abarth EVO stickers.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @teja rs

What a dilemma choosing between the Abarth cars?? I wish I was in one.

Firstly the cons mentioned for Avventura are not correct. Avventura does not come with soft suspensions, in fact the same suspension setup as in Abarth Punto is maintained. Avventura is a CUV and not a hatch. I would be really concerned if you don't find Avventura Hot. Its a head turner, got massive road presence. People do take a second look by default. I have taken the Avventura (old) upto 140 speeds and never did feel it unstable. In your case did you experience rolling and pitching??

Now coming to the eternal question - Punto or Avventura?? If I had money, I would opt for the Avventura for the sheer looks (in addition to what Punto offers).
    sanjay_mugur likes this.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    +1
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Easily the Abarth Punto!

You have listed only two cons for it, out of which one is easily removed. The other one, ground clearance, is not such a bother if you drive a little carefully. If you love driving it has to be the Punto. It's the real Abarth of the two.
  9. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    Abarth punto if you are looking for the best of everything from a Tjet engine, and as everyone has already mentioned that it comes with great performance.

Avventura Tjet is only good for show when compared with Abarth Punto, cause it lacks performace with that much of power. And I personally fell that Avventura is better with the MJD engine, if one is looking for riding on the roads which are only present virtually or in maps, especially if you want to drive on the country side.

Follow your heart taking help from the brain.
  10. teja rs

teja rs Timido

Rajahmundry
    vijayawada
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @prabhjot
    I will be doing like 1 or 2 trips per month on bad roads. In these roads avventura would be a pleasure to drive bt on highways its punto. To take a TD I dnt have showroom at my place, the nearest is turbo fiat vijayawada bt they dnt have a a TD vehicle :(. They have a white punto abarth in display which they are due for delivery.