1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    when exactly can we expect Tjet in Punto avatar? is it going to be another fake promise from FIAT? educate me
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

@Deepak which are the other fake promises if ever, made by Fiat?
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    When and if the launch is finalized an official announcement will be made. Till then lets refrain from beating Fiat India any further on this, because clearly company still is struggling with existing sales and marketing issues. We can only wish, wait and watch.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Sometime in this century I presume though I might be wrong :cigar::rolleyes:
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Only after the budget, which will likely and hopefully have major GST-aligning excise (and customs) duty lowerings for cars.
  6. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    as if fiat is listening to us as we speak in this forum ... they never care even if we go their office doorstep and give some free advice..
    if they have done that , fiat could've been in a way better situation than what it is now
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    So we keep raising a point raised already so many number of times and what words will give solace to our fellow TFIans and to what end..? :( The point of launch is a moot point if you will..

I just expressed what I felt will not help anyways, just as there are a thousand other things we say; that is not to say that we should not discuss topics. Feel free to criticize it forever, maybe I will join or maybe I wont.. :p
    prabhjot and adisrini1103 like this.
  8. tweeting_fiat

tweeting_fiat Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Assumig this Autocar scoop is true, which tends to be so with Autocar scoops, since they enjoy the patronage of every car company:

135 hp, 200+ Nm of torque?!

On the Evo and the Avventura? Or will the t-jet come in 2 states of tune: one like the Linea and another, this one, as an Abarth?

Autocar claims the cars will be co-branded as Fiat Punto Evo Abarth, rather than as out-and-out Abarth-s.

We'll see what the 'micro market' for PROPER sporty cars will say via sales numbers but, if true, am inclined to like the 'strategy'. Price it even well above the 90 hp mjd Evo, i say, if you have to, it's a champion turbopetrol, after all. Of course, kindly throw in a 10000rs alluring gizmo or two, as well, since there will be many/most attracted more by them than the engine or the all-4-wheel disc brakes!

Market it brashly (the engine demands that), rather than with the price-value-discount timidity Fiat has been forced to practice.

What say? The earlier plan was to have a normal, Linea-like t-jet version AND a hot hot Abarth one, no? Is the co-branding approach, with the Abarth 135 hp engine variant as standard better, market-prospects wise? Not that sales will be in the many hundreds sales wise either way, but still...
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Wow! Evo in TJet avatar would be one heck of a (SPORTS) car!
    I feel they should do away with Evo 1.4 Petrol and have TJet in all the trims to gain popularity and make hem available at every price point. While having an exclusive offering matters, but I don't think Fiat has enough goodwill in the market to take that path. They should throw in some shock n awe features alongside TJet engine, like black headlamps, touch screen controls/audio, alloys in all trims, parking camera etc.
    I would love to own an Evo JTet too even at the sake of repetition of TJet in my kitty.
    asimpleson and sandipan_r15 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.