1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Both Punto Abarth and Avventura powered by Abarth are of same price. 9.95 lacs ex showroom delhi
  2. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2
  3. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    Wow. I can't wait to test drive the Abarth Punto. Hopefully KHT Fiat will have a TD car this weekend.

4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Test drive it, you wont be disappointed.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Many people complain that Fiat has disappointed by pricing it at 9.95L. I was thinking even if they price at Swift, they will complain that its costly when compared to Celerio. If it's priced at Celerio, they will complain it's costly when compared to Alto. All they need is something to complain and don't have the mindset to appreciate.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Whoever feel it is over priced, solution is simple and straight forward. Do not buy it and do not recommend it. :)
    renjithlal likes this.
  7. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Punto Evo 1.2
    1.2 is an excellent car, starting from sub 5 lakh onroad, it is a gift for the aam aadmi to taste fiat genes at an affordable price. It gives an opportunity to people like me the common man to enter the world of fiat and see the difference from the rest. I drive a 1.2, and whenever my friends drives, they won't give steering back to u and won't left without a exciting smile, always used to remark " what a car", nobody ever believed it stores only a modest 68 hp mill !!And if u R a bit adventurous u really can have great thrill which an enthusiast would all time cherish .1.2 is quiet a car, there is nothing to undermine a 1.2 much lest to ridicule it - A proud driver of 1.2
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I agree with you . 1.2 is an intelligent engine in the way its tuned and has more than decent drivability as well.
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    @renjithlal In all my discussions I get a bit passionate sometimes and my intention was never to offend an owner. Having said that what I keep saying and what people do not understand is that specs count. That is exactly the reason Fiat is advertising 145 BHP and a 8.8 sec dash to 100 so much. Unfortunately marketing success is not always about the product - I would suggest you guys read up about several former great brands typically Italian both 2 and 4 wheeler's that do not exist, have been acquired or are in a bad financial state typically because they could not market well. 600 cars a month is not going to allow Fiat to survive. Even the three Germans, Mercedes, Audi and BMW that sells premium vehicles sell more a month.

So Fiat has to find that space whether it be semi-premium, premium or mass market that allows them to sell around 3 to 5K vehicles per month. That I figure is the least needed for adequate profits and sustainability.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 23, 2015 ---
    To add to the above:

Imagine if instead of the Avventura Fiat had another any other vehicle that looked different than a regular Punto and had launched the vehicles with the T-jet simultaneously with the diesel top end. Here is how I would have loved to do it.

1. Avventura but different looks than the Punto, released with a top end Abarth powered petrol and a top end diesel (maybe the 1.6 MJD) tuned for extreme power. The regular diesels would be lower down the order - there would be petrol equivalents but not the Fire as that is dated, maybe T-jets at a lower state of tune.

2. The release of these vehicles should be followed by the release of the 500 X within 6 months.

3. The 500X release should be followed up with release of the Jeep brand.

4. 1.5 years down the line they should release the Agea sedan.

5. Simultaneously think of bringing a few other models like the Dodge maybe also as a CBU.

If anyone thins that is fast, that is still half the speed at which a Maruti or Hyundai releases products and to win market share that needs to be done.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    Vidhyashankar Kannan likes this.
  10. Bharath Balasubramanian

Bharath Balasubramanian Timido

Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello Guys,

I am glad Fiat launched the much awaited car. At the very least this will set the cat among the pigeons and others may be forced to come up with more interesting stuff.

Also I had the opportunity of visiting both Maruti NEXA and Fiat showrooms, almost neighbors to each other. First at the Fiat to check out the Abarth P but was asked to come back a week later... Instead spent some time with P EVO and Linea T Jet. Then visited the NEXA and got my hands on the SCROSS 1.6. Wow!!! it was maniacal... the sudden manic surge of power... addictive and exciting!!! but the build and price were just not compelling.

Hopefully a Linea or Egea with the MJD2... soon enough!!!
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.