1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Now waiting for an official interview on the forum. A very true, honest perspective as always. From the reviews it can be reasonably ascertained that the car is fast, nimble and has very good braking power. Also, the tires probably need an upgrade - can be easily done.

Of course the question about the gear slotting - how close to segment leaders has Fiat tuned the same? Is it better than the Linea or have they left it as it is.

Driving within the city is another point that I am interested to know - at slow speeds 1st and 2nd gears.

Of course any plans for an Abarth branded Linea if it is on the works :)
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The alloys in the Avvy powered by Abarth (in the overdrive review), dont seem to be the Abarth alloys. What can be the reason?
  3. Calvinv

Calvinv Timido

Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    . They were testing/displaying the engine and tranny, all outer cosmetic changes weren't included
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Calvinv

Thanks for the heads up. I feel people who dont mind the spare wheel on the hatch door might still prefer to go for the Avvy Abarth rather than the Punto Abarth. Abarth variants are again strictly for the enthusiast and those opting for Avvy would be an enthusiasts in the enthusiast. Also since the pricing for the Avvy Abarth is slightly lesser than Punto Abarth (on OTR terms), Avvy should be a preferable choice. Add to that the road presence of an Avvy over an Punto may also tilt the scales in Avvy's favour.
    limraj and Calvinv like this.
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I checked with KHT .Bangalore for a test drive..

They said car will be available from Friday...

I booked my drive for coming Monday...he did say there are already lot of enquiries...

Also,for first few weeks,we need to go to them for test drive...:)
    Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    www.motorbeam.com/2015/10/cars/fiat-punto-evo/fiat-abarth-punto-avventura-abarth-first-drive-review/

According to Motorbeam, the Abarth Punto is much more fun when compared to the Avvy powered by Abarth. Also, the Avvy has an excessive torque steer when compared to the Punto which had almost nil troque steer. The lowered suspension makes the Abarth Punto a lot of fun around the corners and has a razor sharp handling. On the contrary, the Avvy is more comfort oriented, with a better ride quality.
    Calvinv and prabhjot like this.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Just confirmed that Ex-showroom price in kerala also 9.95 lakh, kudos Fiat cant wait to book one on january
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    There is a guy who has already booked the Abarth - from Chandigarh..I am hopeful that maybe just maybe we should see at the least a hundred more a month (combination of Avventura and Punto)
  9. manas_270

manas_270 Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Did a TD of Abarth Punto today afternoon [non-peak hour chosen specifically for this TD] and I am still :D ear to ear!!

Boy oh Boy, this thing is seriously quick and pushes you back in your seat the moment you put your foot down. Its just too addictive.

"The steering wheel isn't just for steering. It's for holding on" Can vouch for this. Slotted it in first gear on a straight empty road and floored the pedal and had a heart in mouth moment when I delayed getting back my left hand back onto the steering wheel. There is so much power being delivered that you better hold the steering tight for you to control the car than the car controlling you.

I couldn't perceive any turbo lag and seems there is power in every gear. Was able to take off from 30 to close to triple digit in 4th gear.

Braking is worth mentioning. Checked IRVM, both the ORVM's for any tailgating vehicles and with none, slammed the brakes while doing some good spirited speed. It held a straight line with no fuss or screeching. As a bonus got to check the seat belt pretensioners and load limiting system in action on the SA in the passenger seat. Poor chap was thrown off guard with my braking :)

All in all, cheers and kudos to FIAT for bringing this hatch. As Uncle Ben said, "With Great Power comes Great responsibility", I hope buyers follow it to the core since there is so much power available.
    cassini, renjithlal, SOOZ_P and 12 others like this.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Waiting for a TD checked with both dealers in my area speed fiat and wheels fiat none had car for TD.
    If I had 10 lac money I would go and book one right now.
    145 ps, sportier suspension than even pre 2012 cars and abarth alloys, in my dreams I would be driving hell out of abarth with a evil grin on my face while sleeping tonight.
    Ravi and punto_emotion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.