1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Very funny, u suggest 8 - 8.5 lac for a 145 bhp car. It is really true that Indians don't deserve truly amazing product. Now people will join the bandwagon, low mileage, GC, poor built quality, bad service ..what not. Before launch of abarth..they were clamoring for a really great product, a really powerful one....FCA surely will get confused..what exactly our people want?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    When we say the car is priced higher, what are we comparing with? We don't have anything close to Abarth Punto to do a fair comparison.

I really don't see the price to be too high for such a powerful car. Do also note that this car loses out on low excise duty for cars which are less than 1200cc.
  3. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I am comparing it with punto 1.4 emotion variant of petrol. Excise wld be same for abarth punto also. Differences between them is tjet engine, alloy design, decals and some changes in mechanics like suspension etc. Add lets say 75k for these things to the price of 1.4 variant. Take it a wee bit more to 1 lakh. It still takes us to 8.33L. I dont think there's need to compare with polo when in house comparison is available and that too with same model so to say. 9.95L isn't gonna make in roads is what I feel. If it was priced competitevely, there was room for good sales probably. I feel Fiat has missed the trick with pricing else it's a hot hatch which would have also brought in sales numbers to some extent.
    vista7155 likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Comparing 1.4 Emotion with the Abarth Punto is way too much. :)

In the same sense I think you would also infer that Polo TSI is overpriced as it is only 15 bhp more than 1.4 Punto Emotion and still enjoys the excise benefit.
    renjithlal likes this.
  6. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    what a great and novel way to assess the value of a premium car and how easy, then who will depreciate from its value for less mileage, no sporty sound inspite of being a performance car, less GC, for having stock Apollo tyres instead of a Michelin/ atleast not having a bridgestone and many more like shortcoming, which will be revealed more once it is widely reviewed...the very indian way of seeing the things.
  7. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not everyone who writes is Shakespeare, similarly
    Not everyone who manufacture a car can become FIAT.
    Very good job done Fiat team for showing what a performance car is to Indians.
    Ravi Varma likes this.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Pricing of a car is not always cost plus. It is also perception, positioning, target customers and enjoyment value of the user. Such cars will also sell lesser nos, so the special parts like beefed up suspension, and disk brakes will not come cheap from vendor. Some parts are special and they are imported, attracting duty ,as again its not feasible for the vendor to develop the part due to lesser volume. they will need separate advertisement account. Nobody questions why a Hyundai Creta sells for almost 18 lakhs. Whats there in that car more than the parts in a Fiat Abarth

My assumption is Fiat could actually be selling the Abarth at cost just to lift its image. Everybody wants everything cheap like buying at discount at flipkart. The car makers need to earn too so as to sustain. Its a tough business and its easy for us to assail them.

Abdul
  9. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Reading some people who say it's costlier I was thinking, Our Indians will flock Maruti Suzuki showroom and buy a Swift which has sporty stickers on it thinking that its really value for money. Those Indians not thinking how much MS is ripping them.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Saket Sidana

They'll hopefully have a detuned, perhaps a 1.2 version of the t-jet as a replacement for the 1.4 Fire? Say at 8odd lakhs ex-showroom? An entry level Punto, perhaps even replacing the excellent and underrated-for-city-driving 1.2 Fire?

They should.

NOT that it'll lead to a notable sales-boost, but if dealers are kept busier and have to discount less and the brand seems active in the marketplace or rather noisy baazar......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.