1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    @acechip, as you rightly mentioned, the use-able power across the RPMs matters, depending on ones driving route/road and style. Peak power is like PMPO on sound systems, it is that much more un-realistic and marketing tool/data.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    You bet. People who have driven my TJet enjoyed it as much as I do. What takes them aback is that it's a Fiat. Cant explain that except they are not willing to enjoy the magical drives, just because of the image Fiat has in mango people. Till then, select priveleged people like us would enjoy the magic.
    PaddleShifter and prabhjot like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Apropos the comparison with the Polo Tsi, it's no contest really, i say this as a t-jet owner and one who's sampled the Vento TSi: other than the dsg advantage at the cost of well-more than a lakh, the Fiats are streets ahead: power and torque of course, but build quality/solidity, tyre size and width, braking ability, silent suspension, flatter ride, vastly more feelsome and accurate steering (now lighter at lower speeds on the newer cars), better handling despite the taller (entirely apt for India) GC.

Now, I am sure the Euro-spec Polo I checked out in the Uk when I was there last-to-last year is better somewhat in all these respects than the Eurospec Punto, being much newer and lighter, but there's NO doubt that the India-spec Polo/Vento are WAY diluted, and so end up being systematically inferior to the India=Euro specs of the Punto/Linea. I base this claim on a comparison of the Indian Vento Tsi v/s the Indian Linea t-jet.

And the differences in price, warranties and cost-of-ownership and possibly even ASS support quality in the bigger cities is.....'zameen aur aasmaan', i feel.

Of course, brand story/imaginary is a large part of it for some: Fiat for me, VW for others, irrespective of 'objective' superiority/inferiority. Which is how it should be!

Just that one mustn't confuse these two dimensions of the cars: one 'imaginary' or 'virtual' if you will, and the other objective. Sadly, that is what tends to happen here in India, nowhere more so than on a certain, catch-all automotive forum of er...'cognoscenti'. Yes, that one. :p;)

So no: I don't expect these new t-jets to fly off the showroom floor. Because if the automotive rasiks in india mostly think like they do on that forum, what chance the wider car-buying public buying these class-best-by-a-mile cars (all told, including price, cost and quality of ASS etc).:confused:
    sachinls3 likes this.
  4. EshwarPrasad

EshwarPrasad Timido

New Delhi
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi All,
    Fiat will be launching the Punto Evo and Avventura with the 1.4 litre T-jet engine that does duty in the linea.

Follow my Automotive blog about the latest car news in India at - http://www.motorcruze.com
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Welcome to TFI but i am afraid you are a little late in breaking the news to us!

Dont know about your blog but you can surely follow TFI for the latest news on Fiat!
    anoop, Rituraj, sandipan_r15 and 7 others like this.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Yes you are right. See there are folks who would prefer an automotive and some straight line racing capacity and it is fine, however the shit that is posted on the other forum makes me want to puke.
    There is a strange statement that Indians tend to make - I ride a coffin on 4 wheels (NCAP zero star cars) but they are okay because in their long tenure of driving cars they did not suffer from an accident (I do not wish them one). Same analogy that people make when they drink and drive and survive the day.

Fiat has less service centers I agree but at least in the metros I would suffer bad service rather than driving a coffin on wheels.

However, I would still hope that Fiat would tune the engine for a top speed of a double ton. Mental happiness :):p and faster than the GT twins and the Vento (Vento is limited to 190)
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Some people in the famous 'horse powered team' are now complaining,why FIAT would launch EVO T-jet. Until now they have been complaining about EVO/PUNTO being underpowered.Better, they should integrate all the FIAT related threads under a single thread and name it---':punch: FIAT'.
    Anyway waiting for the T-jet launch.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Guys. It would be better off if we stop discussing what is happening on other forums as it adds zero value to our forum here. Also why follow some forum that doesn't add value, I guess you folks got what I meant

Instead, posting what is relevant to the thread will immensely help people who are looking for information.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry,just could not control my anger/frustration.
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    There was one post in the same thread to which I agree 100% and it was

sandipan_r15 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.