1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    The Abarth is reasonably priced considering what is on offer in the car as well as the primary competition. Hey primary competition (can only consider the TSI to be nearest competitor).

The naysayers will fined a huge list of issues with the car now. Nothing different from the past.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

not sure what this reviewers has with Fiat as a brand.....

still they say vw tsi is the best considering the scandalous rigs they boast of now a days.

does the reviewer mean to say that 105 bhp of VW TSI is almost equal to punto abarth 145 bhp? and it doesn't make a difference if you have 40 bhp more power?

i felt he writes shit after reading the review.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    As usual fiat bashing started in other forums. and i am shocked to see Overdrive Comparing Abarth with Ford Figo :(
    Amit Rox likes this.
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Sometimes i really feel sad for fiat. After launching such an amazing product at such a mouth watering price, we as Indians still not ready to believe in the product at hand. Has anyone of us seen a 145 bhp car at this price in India?. Come on, atleast show the generosity to give the credit to fiat which it truly deserves !!!
    bharath and mangeshtendulkar like this.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    No matter how good fiat make a car, all the forums all the reviewers yet continue to bash fiat. Just like the current central govt of india targeted for every mishap in the country.That's sad state of people
    mangeshtendulkar, cassini and Revv like this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Don't you think Fiat has missed a BIG trick in their marketing by failing to emphasize the FACT that an AT, whether amt, cvt, tc let alone expensive and trouble-prone dual-clutches like the dsg or the Ford powershift is NOT needed in this car, not even in urban traffic: it has the torque of a diesel with the powerband width of a petrol, and barely any turbolag either?

That way they would've gone STRAIGHT at the VW feku-ri,

not that there are that many VW GT tsi sales in the first place: vw india's own boss said in an interview to a business press outlet very recently that the GT twins sell to the tune os about 15% of the Polo's total monthly sales, which average around 2000-2500: that's about a MAX of 300 odd cars a month, no? Diesel and petrol!

FCA will do well to sell even 150 Abarth a month, am afraid, such is the nature of our market culture. Ah well, at least the brand's being nicely activated, and hopefully the dealers benefitted somewhat!
    cassini likes this.
  7. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Linea T-Jet
    How I wish Fiat's marketing team would have taken a more aggressive stance in terms of marketing messages instead of 'please all' type of marketing messages. Why talk about the fuel efficiency of a performance product? Abarth is not meant for the mass-market so why dilute the brand by quoting the ARAI figures? I would have instead gone with

"Fuel efficiency over performance??? Go elsewhere!
    Abarth - #Givespeedacomplex".

"Stickered cars with Skinny tyres and Shoddy Performance??? - Not our game
    Abarth - #Givespeedacomplex"
    bharath, cassini and prabhjot like this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

.....both you and I thought the Aventura met the market need excellently too, at launch, and we saw what actually happened...!

It seems we are so drowned in marketing-as-simulation, including in reviews and comparos, that the truth (i.e., in this case, the ACTUAL car's REAL attributes or lack thereof, including price and service quality etc) are almost irrelevant.

Cars nay econo-engineered-hatches called 'Elite' and tall, overgrown hatches called 'Perfect SUV', 'Glory' sticker jobs, and RS ones too (by Skoda and Honda let alone Maruti), GT for a small fuel-sipping hatch......and so on.

If this weren't a sign of larger eFF-ed-up public culture, even I would not be bothered: just a quirk of the car buyers' sub-culture. But, this is symptomatic of a larger problem in our public/news/media culture, na?

Sigh. Ours to shrug.
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    9.95 L price tag isn't gonna help. They should have been aggressive with the pricing and kept it between 8 to 8.5 L. With Punto Evo 1.4 emotion at 7.33 L ex showroom, add may be 75K for Turbo[TJet], different alloys, rear disk brakes and decals[shouldn't be costly]. Rest of the features like ABS/EBD, airbags, alloys[different design and size] are available in 1.4 also. I'm very disappointed with the pricing. Discounts are definitely on their way but then the product is deemed a dud. :mad:
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Isn't the Tjet a different engine than the 1.4?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.