1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    You have read my mind. Yes, Hyundai will put the scorpion wheels on the i20 Sports Habarth and come out with a 110 bhp, 400 kg tin car that will beat the Abarth in a straight line. And it will sell.
    abhinav_nani likes this.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Murphy_Fiat and pabhishek like this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Expect Habarth Verna Sports with slight bump in power and less dead steering wheel. lol
    rusticnomad and Sujit508 like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    FIAT in India, for a marque with supposedly old models that hardly sell, has consistently been a pioneer....for others to reap the malai and the makhan, of course.

First diesel hatchback: Uno.
    First premium large hatchback: Palio.
    First sporty hatch: Palio 1.6.
    First full-Euro-spec mass market sedan, still the only one: Linea.
    First affordable turbocharged petrol, with 16-inch wheels and all-4 disc brakes: t-jet Linea.
    etc.

And now: the Abarth Punto.

I doubt Hyundai, that sells 10000+ i20 elite-s each month, will even notice. Nor will Maruti S with their upcoming big-hatch, the Baleno.

One can only, as usual, fear the worst about the net-of-cannibilization sales numbers of the Abarth Punto. Sigh.

But i suppose it will be a good dealer-supporting and brand-health-imbuing exercize, the car itself being more a reason and an excuse to get an ad campaign going that does get noticed a bit, than a serious sales-prospect in this marketplace.

"Living to fight another day, or......year, i.e., 2017"

btw, hope the Avventura t-jet, which will apparently not be ABARTH-badged, is a 1.2 version of the engine (by altering stroke, as was rumoured): the excise-duty benefit will then make it just/even more the most awesomely VFM and hyper-functional yet super-fun, charismatic-looking thing on our roads.
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Couldn't stop modifying this one :joyful: (Ahem ahem!) i20 owners watch your back.

HH7.jpg
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Lol @meples ! That qualifies for a hearty laugh :p:D
    meples, kedarbendre and asimpleson like this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    With low sales numbers already, I think that looks a bit difficult, unless they are looking at bringing it as standard option in Punto later. But of course I agree in principle this should have been done about 2 years back at minimum. And then wrapped and presented to Maruti. :wtf::D
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Must say @nkrishnap is putting up a good fight with arguments in support of Abarth Punto in one of the threads in TeamBhp. Phew! So much haters for the Abarth Punto. People still complain about gear shift even with such power in the car and that too its not yet on the roads for now. Comparing a Polo GT and a Punto Abarth is like chalk and cheese. Just because it has 105 bhp doesn't make it a hot hatch. There is ride, handling and dynamics which make it a hot hatch which is missing in Polo GT. People in our country sadly will not understand all that. Just mileage, power, interiors and cost is what people think.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Crazy_driver is exposing these guys too. Anyways its off topic here.
  10. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Any news about date of launch?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.