1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thats too much to ask from Fiat. Remember Avventura launch? People should be tankful enough if Fiat brings it on the roads, advertising by enthusiast will follow.
    JohnyBoy and Raj_pol like this.
  2. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Also, if Fiat delays it some more then other players might take up that space too. Remember VW, Ford, Renault are looking closely at the hot hatch back segment and they have really great cars that they can bring in. The question here is speed and advertising and we know how Fiat is in both of the areas. We will see as I have said once the T-jet comes.

On a different note - objectively how much better will a T-jet punto be compared to the VW twins? I am talking measurable characteristics - speed, power, torque, acceleration etc..?
    prabhjot and kgramesh like this.
  3. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    are they waiting for the Budget to lift the excise duty rules for < 1.2 L and < 4m and then they want to launch this T-Jet in Evo and Avventura. if Excise rules remains as it is then instead of 1.4 T-Jet 1.2 T-Jet will make more sense and also they can replace or Remove all FIRE engines from the portfolio.
    Raj_pol and prabhjot like this.
  4. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Some good news for Fiat Fans over the country. The dealership are empty currently with no customers, hopefully this will change..
    Finger cross if Fiat also introduces Avvy & Evo with 1.6 multi-jet and market themselves as a sporty brand...
    GirishRaghu and prabhjot like this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    That tweet regarding Evo/Avvy from H Sorabjee made my day.
    Lets go one by one @chakiirfan :) Let the Tjets come, then we can wish for 1.6/1.5 mjd, Auto transmission/AMT, etc. :cigar:
    GirishRaghu, prabhjot and ghodlur like this.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    My wife liked Punto Evo a lot. Looks like there could well be another TJet in the family, though after a few years only.
    GirishRaghu, prabhjot and pabhishek like this.
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

As usual, its too little, too late from Fiat. T-Jet should have been the only choice on Petrol versions of all their cars beginning 2012. That would have established a mini-brand by itself. Why they continued to offer the 1.4NA 90 BHP petrol on Linea, Punto/Avvy is beyond me (like most of their decisions, in fact).

Now, its is back to chapter-1, subsection 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 for the customer education.

First explain what is Fiat all about. Then explain what is Avventura all about. And then explain the T-Jet:facepalm: !!
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @dadasaheb

Well the 1.4 Fire already has the higher excise duties, the difference in duties is not an issue, I don't think, given just how cost competitive Fiat is: consider the pricing before any discounts of the Linea t-jet relative to the competition, relative even to the Vento 1.2 Tsi, even adjusting for the cost of the dsg transmission, and that too with the better build, materials like pane glass, tough chassis and suspension parts etc.

What they must do imo is: launch and market the engine itself (and also the mjd) rather than focus too much on the car or the mother-brand. i.e., don't release the t-jet Evo and Avventura in sequence but together. Promote and advertise all three cars with the brilliant all-round engines, t-jet and mjd, as the main theme. Be brash and cocky, a bit: best-in-India engines, best power AND efficiency AND reliability etc. The kind of thing Maruti and Hyundai pioneered with ads for the k-series and kappa engines, years ago, the kind of promotions Tata is/has been running exclusively for the Revotron petrol for the last several months.

Also: Pander to the hatchet-(wo)men, the automag hacks, use them!

@Raj_pol

I have a t-jet. Have not driven the VW TSi-s. But I'll be damned if they can hold a candle to the t-jet, other than via the quick shifting compared to a manual of the dsg gearbox. They will likely cost much upwards of a lakh more, too. The t-jet has, what?, 10-15 bhp more but as much as 30 Nm of torque more, all the way up to 6000 rpm or so, I believe. I get 10-11 km/l AC on on the big heavy Linea in Delhi NCR traffic in summer: the Evo and Avventura are significantly lighter, so...the real party trick of course is not the engine at all but the suspension, steering and brakes, as we all know! And the looks.

One perfect Indo-Italian concoction this, with lots and lots of caffeine! If I were you, given your professed love of the 'fast' (in both senses of the term!), I'd be looking to make a trade!?;)

@acechip

You are very right: it was a fateful decision not to have launched the Linea and Punto with the t-jet rather than the excellent but unexciting, unremarkable 1.4 Fire from the outset in 2008. I guess they were too risk-averse and timid, fearing for their brand's ability to sustain the higher price, and probably over-anxious about the 'bad mileage' stigma caused by the Palio 1.6 hearsay.

Not that it will matter in absolute terms of sales figures but i sure hope not just the Dualogic amt-s on the diesels and, why the hell not?, the DDCT twin-clutch transmission on the t-jets are offered at some point too. They'll have to import the latter but they'll have the pricing scope since both the Ecosport AT and the VW dsg-s are priced so much higher.

They're not that late to launch the t-jet on the smaller cars, considering the very very elevated prices of petrol and the epic diesel subsidies over most of the last 5 years. The t-jets seem viable in market terms only because neither is true anymore, i.e., only now.

The other slow transition in driving culture underway is towards automatics. Fiat need to, for once, get ahead of that curve, with the amt-diesels (not just via Tata and Maruti), and the ddct t-jets.
    acechip likes this.
  9. tweeting_fiat

tweeting_fiat Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Very true, or even explain to the mango man /second hand buyer the difference between a fiat petrol and a tjet petrol ;). So much for a Fiat or even a Ford petrol car.
  10. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.