1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    prabhjot and Raj_pol like this.
  2. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Raj_pol and Amit Rox like this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Those alloys are just stunning !! From the pics at least dead pedal seems more or less aligned with the clutch position, which is not the case in older Puntos. Is it the angle of the pic making it appear that way or have they changed something?
  4. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Wow, that is one good looking hatch! Just goes to show how good the base design of the Punto is that it is able to take on so many avatars. The Evo, the Avventura and the TJet. Really good job! I wish the Indian public understand and do some justice to this brand, no matter how idiotic the staff are.

But you have to hand it to FCA, they know how to design a car. Those alloys are so good looking. Enjoy them before you see a rip off on the Toyotas and the Hyundai i20 Elite Cross Active Facelift.

The pedal positions look spot on. My better half is already raving about its looks. But if this is the 135 bhp model, then they should tune it to a higher power range as the next H i20 Elite is coming with a 1.0 litre 117 bhp engine which will definitely give higher mileage. The VW TSI 1.8 may also come though it will be much higher priced.

If the Punto Abarth is priced competitively, it MAY make a difference. I don't think any change will come other than this model cannibalizing a few more Avventuras. So sales may remain exactly the same. But not sure about the Punjabi/Harayanvi mindset, they may purchase a few more.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If TWITTER post by H SORABJI(AUTOCAR INDIA)are to be believed then PUNTO ABARTH will carry 145 BHP--"The hot hatch everyone's waiting for is finally here. 145bhp Punto Abarth will blow others away".
    Murphy_Fiat and Amit Rox like this.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 3, 2015 ---
    @Raj_pol

The GT tdi Polo does not sell much at all. The pretty small % of 'GT' Polo-s that sell, going by what the VW showroom manager in gurgaon told me, are the tsi+dsg.

I cannot recommend, as a still-new owner of one, the t-jet engine on these chassis+suspension...and even gearbox, etc, cars enough! Am sure all Linea t-jet owners, new and old, feel the same.

As for the gearbox, Fiat/FCA will be missing a trick if they don't offer the Fiat Abarths with the Magneti Marelli amt, no? Likewise also, the amt on the mjd-s. They will miss the trick, at least at launch, perhaps for good reason, since it is not clear there'll be any sales pay-off?[/QUOTE]

You have to stop quoting me the Gurgaon show room guy. That means nothing statistically as you may understand. For your info,the VW guy electronics city told me just the opposite when I was looking for a car.

meanwhile let us enjoy the awesome Black Punto in the pictures :)
    prabhjot and Amit Rox like this.
  7. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    This is superb, wish the Indian public opens up their mind and sees it as just a car not as a Fiat.... I do not know why people fret about service that comes up once in a year. Just think... It is always worth enjoying the car year round and spend one day at the service center to ensure things are done right ... How difficult or tough is it? Wish i was in the market for a car right now would have booked it immediately.....
    prabhjot, Amit Rox and Raj_pol like this.
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Stunning looking car - now waiting for detailed reports and test drives. If 145 BHP, how it will blow the competition away :) and I wonder at what price they will sell
    Amit Rox likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Suddenly the Avvy and Evo look Plain Jane. Awesome color combination. And if it is really 145 bhp with a mileage of 12 kmpl, there is simply no reason to not buy it. But wait? it may not have that vanity mirror that everyone needs because its so necessary to look at your own face while driving.

Seriously, FCA should just claim an ARAI of 19 kmpl even if the actual is only 12. No point stating the truth here where once purchased, no one really cares. For example, every friend of mine who has the hyundai i10 (not grande) say that they are getting 11-12 kmpl in city. So how is that worse than a GTX which was beaten to death for low mileage? Simple, Hyundai always claims ARAI mileage of 18-19 kmpl in city and everyone buys. Then when they get only 11 kmpl, they compromise. FCA should do the same thing. Bend the truth a little. Being too honest does not pay in India when it comes to cars.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.