1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Guys, a sad update. I called up Kashyap person again to enquire about launching. He said Punto TJet has come to them for testing and it's not going to launch with Abarth. Change in stance now. Ahhh!!! However, I don't know why a car would come to dealer for testing. Perhaps some Fiat person would come to them and take it for a ride around Noida expressway.
    Attention @manas_270. Sorry buddy.
  2. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    Will this testing marathon end in near future ? Not many car manufacturers do testing like Fiat do but what we see are niggle-rich fiat cars. :smuggrin:. Creta is out in no time and so is s cross. TUV300 in next month, the list is long.. Punto abarth will be (or may be ) launched when more powerful Polo Gti is ruling the hot hatch segment. Competition is going all out and these people..
    Murphy_Fiat and sdp1975 like this.
  3. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @kgramesh Internet buzz is that in this week ,,, we may have Abarth brand launching with Fiat 595 ,, Punto T-jet/Avventura T-Jet will take some time to launch here,,, its to say that Fiat 595 is CBU,, but for Punto/Avventura T-Jet,, its the localization task which need much time for proper launching here ,,,, and if Fiat goes the Elegance way silent launching and pretty sure only we Tfians will be discussing about those cars here
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The Creta doesn't have niggles. It just topples, and crumples, and when it is isn't it jars the bones of its owners, such is its status as a 'Perfect SUV'.:D

Jokes apart:

The Creta and S Cross are out NOT in 'no time' but LATE by several years, in which Renault (Duster), Ford (Ecosport) and Mahindra(Scorpio and XUV) have made thousands of crores at their expense.

You will appreciate that the Avventura came out well BEFORE the Creta, the i20 Active is copy of it and its concept and came after it, also of course before the S Cross.

That it didn't sell, while the Creta has (Hyundai's PR machine claims) 20000 mostly even before the launch and even before TD-s and full automag road-tests....is a different story.

The Polo GTI is just proof of the fakery of the current pseudo-hot hatch VW 'GT' Polo. btw, it's months/years away from launch, at likely at least TWICE the price of the Fiat Abarth-s

since one firm is taking the time and effort of localize its turbopetrol, which it already offers at a cut-price on the Linea,..... and that firm sure isn't VW with the tsi, Ford with the Ecoboost, let alone the Japs and the Korean that don't or barely have a turbopetrol in their global portfolio in the first place. Who's the 'faster' and the 'more commited car company in india', then?

Of course, all that trouble and testing will come to not-much sales-wise, that's very likely 'fated'....but that is a different story, isn't it?

FCA India is, like it or not, JUST more or less following through and implementing its 2 year old, announced plan-in-detail, more or less on time, and as promised in that plan. Including the launch of Abarth-s (the greatest mass-market cars since the Palio 1.6?) at a cut-price by Diwali....

If we're cribbing because sales are weak, well we'll be cribbing forever (wait, that's what we've been doing for years already! :p)......since that is hardly going to change foreseeably, 135 hp 220+ Nm t-jet Fiat Abarth at 8-9 lakhs or not.

The Linea t-jet, the AWESOME car at staggering vfm i delightedly own, had/has elicited no response in sales, so......

:yawn::facepalm:
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot The Avventura was third in the list of crossovers (released) and anyone with business sense would have known that a car that looks almost like the EVO is not going to sell much (does not matter how much you change the internals and did not sale for no one actually). It is like putting a V6 in an Elite i20 and trying to sell it for say 50L. No one is going to buy it.

There is nothing fake in in the VW. The Polo diesel buy far has the best diesel heart in the premium segment hatchback. The petrol not so but then the FIRE 67 BHP is also nothing to speak about.

As some other members would keep saying, please put your facts correctly otherwise you tend to lose out on the depth of your research which you do tend to put after a lot of thought.

p.s. Let me put this before anything is released and we will talk 4 months down the line. It is absolute rubbish releasing a sporty hatch but only in the petrol guise when the difference between petrol and diesel in some states as of today is close to Rs20/litre. So any smart business house would have released a pair - diesel + petrol which of course Fiat would not and then you would be unhappy if we call FIAT moronic.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol

So: are you trading in your evo 90hp for the Abarth punto t-jet, or no? Come on man! Not that out on the highway the Abarth will outdo your 90hp with any ease.;):D

PS: what's fake is the pretence on VW's part that the Indian Polo is anywhere near being a hot driver's car deserving of the 'gt' label, which is India-specific, unlike GTI. And is therefore worth 10 lakhs or more.

All I am saying, then, is that whatever their other flaws of management, capital-conservatism, risk-taking on the Indian market, marketing etc, Fiat so far has never done or indulged in fakery or dishnesty in the cars themselves or in lies-as-marketing, unlike VW ('german engineering' when the Indian Polo and Vento are third-world-specally dumbed down avatars) or Hyundai (the 'perfect' 'suv' with a 'strong body' etc).

Fiats are what they are and what they claim to be, for better or worse, while Indian VW's and Hyundai-s etc are, arguably: not at all.

Abarth-s are and have always been petrols, never diesels. So the question of a 1.6 mjd FiatAbarth does not arise, even if it were financially viable in India on the Evo and Avventura, which it totally is not and won't be. Because the diesel costs that much more.

Who'll buy a 1.6 Evo for say a lakh more than the 90 hp or say 2 lakhs more than the Abarth t-jet version? The bigger diesel will come on the Jeep(s) and perhaps the 'New Avventura'?
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I had made the promise to exchange my Verna 1.6 SX CRDI with the Avventura on this forum itselt but I was so disappointed with it.
    1. exteriors same like Evo
    2. no 1.6 /1.5 MJD with more than 23-24 kmpl ARAI
    3. no 6 speed gearbox shown in autoexpo
    4. no projectors, touchscreen
    5. FCA still solving real wheel mount rattling issues, many parts failed in new cars.
    6. no Rear view parking camera and sensors.

I think i have made right decision by not going for Avvy, as now Pandit is also closed.
    Have faced many small and one engine issue with my Linea which were solved by Pandit.
    but never faced any issue with my Verna in last 3.5 years.
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot I actually have the 75 HP and no not yet. As I have mentioned before several times in the forum, my dream hatches would be something like the Ford Focus ST (in India maybe a Octy 1.8). Less than that is not so much of a change. So yup 5 years down the line, something of that sort. Yet, I would attest that last year I was desperate for a T-jet but then finances did not allow me :(

Actually the GT TDI does sell for more than a lakh (1.5 I believe) over the 90 HP. So yes, I still feel they would have buyers and of course they need to improve the atrocious gearbox (I am speaking diesel, but then even the T-jet is say nowhere as smooth as the venerable Swift). On the last point I may be wrong as I have not driven the T-jet extensively.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @dadasaheb

My impression was that the Avventura spare wheel rattling-over-potholes issue was prevalent on the first/early, 2014 batch cars, and the 2015 made cars have no issue as such anymore.

Also, the only part that has consistently or too-frequently been defective (very partly) is the usb port+aux module, which has been recalled and replaced, even at non-exemplary-like-Pandit FASS.

The new cars have no systematic rather than off-and-on issues (my own 2014 new Linea has no issues, none whatsoever, no matter how slight). Some folks have a slight left-pulling 'issue' real or percieved, it seems, one or two reported cases of defective tyre sets have cropped up for the serious seeming suspension/left-pulling cases. One or two confirmed reports of defective fuel pumps. So?

In a word: nothing at all statistically anomalous relative to say honda-s, suzuki-s, vw-s, fords, or hyundai-s, initial and long term quality-wise, to the extent one can judge from ownership reports and testimonials of friends, family, acquaintances, and from internet fora. No doubt Indian Hyundai-s and Toyota's have higher levels of absolute 'reliability' for issues big and small, but then being 8.5 or 9/10 is barely better than being 7.5 or 8/10 (Fiat), and their cars are in most ways inferior to the Indian Fiats, including in price of purchase, quality of componentry and spares and cost-of-ownership, so that comparison is in any case moot.

Yes, dealership and FASS still not being perfect or always 'good enough' for many, well that is mostly true, not an 'issue' anymore at all IMO, but yeah perhaps still not absolutely-confidence inspiring for those who accord absolute and total weightage to this factor alone?

Hold on, then, for either the Jeep in 2017 or the 'New Avventura' suv in end-2016, if they follow their planned schedule which they've stuck to for the most part over the last 2 years?

Though, this being the Abarth t-jet evo thread: maybe that is 'the one' for ya?!:) Who needs a Pandit when mian and biwi are raazi?:D
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 3, 2015 ---
    @Raj_pol

The GT tdi Polo does not sell much at all. The pretty small % of 'GT' Polo-s that sell, going by what the VW showroom manager in gurgaon told me, are the tsi+dsg.

I cannot recommend, as a still-new owner of one, the t-jet engine on these chassis+suspension...and even gearbox, etc, cars enough! Am sure all Linea t-jet owners, new and old, feel the same.

As for the gearbox, Fiat/FCA will be missing a trick if they don't offer the FiatAbarths with the Magneti Marelli amt, no? Likewise also, the amt on the mjd-s. They will miss the trick, at least at launch, perhaps for good reason, since it is not clear there'll be any sales pay-off?
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  10. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ABARTH lauch today.PUNTO ABARTH at BIC----

ImageResizerWM.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fi.haymarketindia.net%2fGalleries%2f20150804101137_xP1.jpg

ImageResizerWM.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fi.haymarketindia.net%2fGalleries%2f20150804101138_xp3.jpg

ImageResizerWM.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fi.haymarketindia.net%2fGalleries%2f20150804101138_xp4.jpg

ImageResizerWM.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fi.haymarketindia.net%2fGalleries%2f20150804103915_xp5.jpg

SOURCE: AUTOCAR INDIA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.