1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    And this is again the part that I rue about Fiat. The Linea Elengante is quite a nice car to look at with touchscreen infotainment! The holy grail of all the Indian public these days.

And yet, not one advertisement anywhere. Heck, even I came to know by seeing the post on team-bhp. No hoardings, not even a newspaper clipping. So how is anyone even supposed to know about the Linea or the Punto TJet or the Abarth when there's not a peep.

I went to GVK mall last night and on every parking level by the elevator, there's a cut out ad of the Creta. The car is displayed inside the mall. C'mon Fiat, you don't have to show the car in the flesh in a mall, but atleast throw a visibility stunt of some sort?
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  2. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    So amidst much confusion fiat seems to have quietly launched the linea elegante. They could have at least uploaded in their official website. Nevertheless addition of touchscreen will attract some of the feature crazy customers. Let's hope it will increase linea sales marginally.
  3. manas_270

manas_270 Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Agree with you Vidhyashankar on no advertising/marketing at all. I was shocked as well of the Linea Elegante being released & I coming to know only through the forums. Sometimes really wonder who at FIAT handles the marketing since they seem to keep making the same mistakes again & again.

I was at Inorbit mall over the weekend & there was a Blue S-Cross displayed & man, people were flocking to check it out. Forget about how many will buy it, at least the common folks will know there is something called an S-Cross. Word of mouth advertising still does work wonders. Heck, even Bajaj had their Pulsar's & DSK Benelli had their bikes displayed too.

I hope they at least advertise the Punto Abarth / Fiat 500.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Marketing a, any Fiat is useless it seems, since IN ANY CASE: FCA will sell exactly 138 Linea-s and exactly 615 Punto Evo+Avventura-s, come rain, hail or shine.;)

Or: marketing/advertizing!:p

I am surprised that fiat is even bothering with the sub-10 lakhs Abarth-s etc. They still think this marketplace offers them even a theoretical, notional chance. Maybe, only because of the awesome t-jet?

Doubtful, as the bumper sales of the i20 Elite and now the Creta reveals, as does the dismal response to the excellent tata bolt and zest.

Let's see, what the sales off-take is on the FiatAbarth Evo+Avventura. Weak, i ,sadly, bet.

FCA should, then, in that case, very seriously review their India plans, perhaps diluting or even shutting down any attempt to compete in the sub-d-segment, mass market. They in any case will make good money there via Tata and Maruti, no?

And instead, alongwith Jeep stick to entry/nearly-D segment and above all the way up to Maserati prices, adding Alfa Romeo too in three years' time, via the new Jeep dealers + e-commerce + some third party ASS providers in some (micro/sub)markets?

However, I suspect they'll keep sticking to their professed plan for a new Avventura+new PUnto +new Linea-replacement by end-2017. They can afford to, if export revenues are guaranteed with those new models, not otherwise imo. This marketplace is actively indifferent if not hostile to Fiats, no matter how good the cars or the ASS improvements imo, that's why. I don't see advertizing being able to change that, at all.

Their forward strategy should hinge on the Jeep dealer and ASS centre and brand launch, they should review all mass market plans then, if that happens even moderately successfully, IMO.

In any case, FCA at the Auto Expo in feb will be great, what with it presumably being a multi-brand showcase including not just Jeep but also Maserati, and hopefully one or 2 'concept' cars of upcoming for India Fiats? I'll be going, alongwith other TFI-members, hopefully.
  5. manas_270

manas_270 Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot If they are trying to gain a foothold in Indian market, they need to advertise pretty aggressively. Yes, they make not make sales based on the marketing they do, but it is kind of hard in India to take a customer into confidence once your image has taken a beating. Now to break that image & show customers that Fiat is serious about Indian market & has decent models available / coming up, marketing is the only way to go. No two ways about it IMO.

Just banking on Fiat fans will not do the trick [Even though, my inner voice says "why crib when you can boast of holding an unique car among the crowd :p]

Maybe they should hire you for their marketing/strategies since whatever their marketing team has done, doesn't seem to work :D
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @manas_270

Ha ha. I'd come up with a Punjabi/Haryanvi, 'ma-behen expletive'-laden advertizement campaign targetting abuse at Suzuki, Honda and Hyundai buyers, let alone those companies themselves:D! With English and Italian sub-titles...:p
  7. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @manas_270 Lol,,,,, recently a SX4 CROSS crashed before launch ,,and it is on every auto blog and sites ,gaining more attention than Fiat Elegance launching (if,in case that happened ) ,,,and if that happened , then my God,, I just don't have any idea what Fiat is doing here.

Source of sx4 cross crash was TEAM FIAT MOTO CLUB,,,,, Seriously ??? :banghead::banghead::rage:
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hahaha if some body defends Fiat this is my reaction FCA is just crap nothing else.
    I am having vista and Punto these both companies have lost interest in Indian market,because they have shot on their feet successfully in the past and also now and Aam junta is not responsible for the situation for they are being now.we have given enough chances to improve but they never improved.
    FCA got nearly 3 decades to improve but outcome is big zero.
    FCA launched limited ver linea and nobody knows and it is perhaps joke of the year and they have successfully beaten Kapil Sharma in comedy.
    My only question is "Dear FCA for what purpose did you launch facelift? is it employ offer? Or for the market?" Only God and CEO knows.
    If this is state of affairs then God only can save them oooo sorry they will survive here because they are selling their heart.
    One after the other the prestigious dealers are shuting their shops and what else is left now to prove for FCA.
    @mod This post may look like a rant but sadly this the reality and if this is not related to this thread please delete it.
    I have lost hope in this brand and they will be super successful in creating one more dud in the name of Abarth/jeep.
    Signing off from this thread and I have decided I will never respond to the FCA plans/launch thread period.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    avi_loveindia and dadasaheb like this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @vista7155
    One can understand your love against FIAT and your ride, so the expectations.Does really FCA follows TFI? If they have read then why so much lack and negligence in sales&marketing department. Not an Target based marketing department? If no proper advertisement, how come dealer will run the showroom, without any help from FCA.
  10. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Can we just discuss about only Punto TJET here? You can continue other things in FIAT India plans thread. Or create new thread if you want to .

This thread always makes us to open with the hope of some new information/ new pictures but we see all the things except Punto TJET.

Mods: Please do the needful. This thread is becoming un-interesting day by day. We might miss the real news in between 'other' things.
    kgramesh and Murphy_Fiat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.