1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Are there any updated on gear box upgrages. Hope they will
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    There should be, given that the gearbox is still going to be 5-speed and there is a lot more power. Also, the engine tuning is quite different, with the peak power coming early, according to the rumours.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I got a call today from Kashyap Fiat, Noida that Abarth 500 and Punto TJet[yes] have been unloaded at their dealership. I was invited to come down and have a look. Punto TJet is launching along with Abarth. Good move by Fiat.
  4. manas_270

manas_270 Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Saket, you just made my day!!! :happy: I really hope this news by the dealer is True . May be you can go & confirm it for our TFIans ;). Been waiting for ages for the Punto T Jet to check on its pricing. Based on that, I can make up my mind to go for TJet or 90HP.
    Saket Sidana likes this.
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @manas_270, Actually, I had asked him again if he is really saying Punto TJet and he said yes. I was also surprised. Asked him what's the pricing and feature additions. He replied that prices are not known currently and it has TJet engine, changes in exteriors, interiors. So, I have no reason to believe that it's not true. He called me as I had earlier been discussing Punto petrol purchase, so he called me to give an update.
    Further, it seems that Linea Elegance has been launched today but no portal is carrying this news, neither it's mentioned on Fiat India web site. Pretty strange actually.
  6. manas_270

manas_270 Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Saket Sidana, Cool!!! If I do end up buying the T Jet, I owe you a treat buddy. :happy: Even if I don't due to budget constraints, I will still owe you since I can go ahead & buy the 90HP with worrying about "if only I could have waited for TJet" :DHopefully Hyderabad dealers get some TD vehicles.

Strange about Linea Elegance being launched. Neither does the Fiat site carry it, nor is it on any forums. Also it was spotted only couple of days ago. Weird!! Maybe they plan to launch Abarth 595, Punto T Jet & Linea Elegance on the same day. :p
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I hope they launch at a 50-70K premium over regular petrol Punto and not more. Probably possible as TJet engine is manufactured locally. Then, it would be a cracker. Add to it if the speedometer and RPM needles lighting up and going the full distance on starting would be damn tempting for taking it out for a ride. Let's watch out for pricing as they need to be very competitive to generate interest in people to buy a Fiat.
  8. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Only one site has this information : http://motoroctane.com/news/16146-fiat-linea-elengante-launched-for-inr-11-lakhs-on-road
    prabhjot and manas_270 like this.
  9. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^Fiat is not so bad that they launch the car within 4 walls without inviting the media.
    If it is really launched then they are dumb fellows and successful in creating yet another super dud before arrival :banghead:.
    If I read the comments from Kevin he's has told "At FCA India we constantly innovate and strive towards making cars with timely enhancements in comfort, luxury and technology. ” I am dumb struck what innovation and timing he's talking about?
    the elegance could have been done at dealer level by changing HU,adding body kit and stickers,alloys is not innovation and regarding the time T-jet testing has already past nearly 10 months.
    Anyhow I have lost hope on FCA they will never improve what ever may come.
    They have proved it.
    Regarding the T-jet pricing it will sure less than linea tjet and I am guessing they will price it 50-80K above current 1.4 fire.
    Fingers crossed let's see how they will make it or brake it.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  10. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.