1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweeting_fiat

tweeting_fiat Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Just saw the Autocar show and Mr Hormazd confirms on scoop that both the Evo and Avvy are going to launch with 1.4tjets in first half of this year. This is the right time for Fiat to launch sporty petrols looking at market bias and also achieve some economies of scale for the tjet engine. The speculated sporty petrol and a sportier Abarth should offer a good choice for the hot hatch enthusiast (like VW GT)

I hope the sporty electric blue shade makes a comeback on the evo n Avvy.
    Let's hope Fiat doesn't do an 'Abarth 500 'on the Punto Tjet.:facepalm:
  2. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    "Halleluja!", the faithful shouted, naively believing the news to be true!:p;)
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not sure but why there is a white number plate. Is it possible to test vehicles with white board? Still a pretty good news.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Finally, something to sit up and take notice. Good move by Fiat. I guess this will shake the premium hatch back segment. Hopefully Fiat wont mess it up by U-turning at the last moment and with the flimsiest reason.

Bring it on Fiat, time for the world to wake up.
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Woo hoo, welcome move by Fiat. Better late than never. This is going bring a smile on many faces for sure.
    Makes me feel happy that Fiat is out there trying, haven't given up yet though being bogged down by dismal sales numbers.
    Now I guess in this Avatar, it has enough punch to give the Polo TSI run for its money.
    Hopefully the Evo & Avvy set sales charts on fire :)

Cheers
    sandipan_r15, prabhjot and ghodlur like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Can we hope for a big advertising and promotion campaign too, that speaks about the t-jet and mjd, that's engine-centric: claiming the truth i.e., they're best-in-class motors, powerful yet efficient, etc?

Does this mean that the Abarth Punto will have the t-jet in the 500 Competezione up-up-tune (135 bhp)? At say 10+/- lakhs ex-showroom? Damn.:cool:
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I am not saying anything till the fat lady sings err..till I see one of em on the road. Till date it is a pipe dream and I am not falling for it again.
    JohnyBoy and dadasaheb like this.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

TJet the saviour cometh!
    But hold on to your b*tts. Fiat still needs to educate the average Joe how to drive this. Otherwise he will complain about 8-9kmpl
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Is the fat lady Italian or Indian, a tenor or soprano? I'll settle even for skinny girl singing falsetto, high pitch and/or out-of-tune as long as there is a LOUD song (and dance), i.e., advertizing! :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.