1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    But Bro why do you want Fiat to dilute it's one of the strongest USPs i.e it's sturdy build quality and high speed stability or better safety , something Ford somewhat did with with its newest car, the Aspire.
    My only point in this discussion has been that Fiat already provides a lot of value for money, specially the diesel ones, even after ticking all the points that translates to safety. In fact, Fiat provides the best of both worlds: built quality and safety of Germans + cheaper ASS costs unlike Germans, more like the Asians. In fact Hyundai ASS is quit expensive.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Numbers do matter when there is the buying decision ,,these numbers do reflect the presence of Brand, its reception in the market and whole lot of factors. And these numbers make a trust in buying decision.Ans n turn these new customers brings more customers to showroom,,increasing its numbers . Nonetheless its quite well known in India,, Jo Dikhta hai wo Bikta Hai ,, Thing is,,,, no matter what I, You , We understand what a Fiat Car is ,,average consumer will not likely think about it in the same way. They look for whole other factors which include ASS Values and they will be ready to let loose more pocket for that,, the reason why Hyundai sells more,, .Thing is ,,Fiat is no way in position to go for lazy actions here ,They have to go extra mile here to make its presence here.. I20 active and Sx4 Cross now launched with more features Its now righttime for Fiat to launch Avventura plus with features like projector , Drls or Bi-Xenon like SX4 Cross or LCD infotainment system or colour refreshes.Instead of this what we get to know that FASS closing down in Kolkatta,Pune.

Amid of all this ,, there is very first video of Punto T-Jet

And Fiat India website now showing Abarth 595 page with whole lot of detail

Capture.PNG
    Capture2.PNG

source : http://www.fiat-india.com/abarth/
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Dr. Fixated and Sailer_Punter like this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    You are pointing to the heard mentality Bro. Are you aware of Hyundai's exorbitant spare parts' cost?

Fiat needs to market their products better, there is no doubt, but do you think people don't buy FIAT because of those features?? In fact Fiat provides a lot of things that other manufacturers don't provide.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Vidhyashankar Kannan likes this.
  4. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I know Hyundai expensive to maintain,,, its not about Hyundai or Any other brand ,, its all boil down to Fiat much less effort here wherein international market they work hard. Indian market is no longer 90s market. Automakers turninng here,, making it world export hub. Suzuki just decalred that Iran will be first Indian made Sx4 croos export club. I dont see such efforts by Fiat here, heck they not even ready to launch engines in their car first ... Less marketing effort ,we can blame it but damage is already done.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

I have my doubts on whether Hyundai will succeed in a big way with the Creta. They may call it the perfect SUV, but it is hardly an SUV in the first place. 190mm GC and approx 400 ltres boot space also dont cut it. In fact the S Cross is a more honest effort from MSIL, and by all accounts, performs true to expectations , including that turbo lag :) Just dont let it over rough and rocky terrain ! It may need a Duster to pull it out :yuck:

Damn Fiat. Why did they not bring the 1.6 MJD in the Linea ?? Or even the Avventura.
  6. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    My only point is, fiat is lagging in brand recognition in India, since there is no one thing in which they excel. Whatever plus points they have, they dont market them.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    History will repeat again for FIAT with 1.6mjd too, "Turbo lag" unless they come up with peppier thoughts.
    FIAT is not agressive like Renault,VW (lets not compare with MS,Hyundai).
    FIAT finding their cheap ways to be in indian auto industry and let people recognise them as Swift Engine.
    Eventhough FIAT comes up with 1.6MjD,it will be a big Flop.All blame goes to Marketing team,already they have spoilt Avventura,oops missed the New Linea 2014.The trump card for FIAT sales should be Chrysler products and the Viaggio.Use chrysler products to market their product too.
    avi_loveindia likes this.
  8. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    Shame on Fiat India........Maruti launched their latest offering with 1.6 multijet......
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    But @Ganges S-Cross 1.6 already has substantial amount turbo lag below 1700-1800 RPMs, as per the reports. The 90 HP S-Cross has a quite decent drivability though.
    Ganges likes this.
  10. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I really wish Fiat India to introduce 1.6 mjd in Linea and Punto Sports editions ,,,, Yes the initial Lag(the type of punch and initial lag u expect from big turbo) of 1.6 mJd is said in about every AutoMag review of Cross ,, but its also said that its like enough/hassle free to drive in city conditions ,,whats make it more noticeable is much more surge of power past 1750 rpm which propels car very fast u would feel that u were not getting this force earlier . Fiat has a chance to trump the game by introducing tweaks and ECU remaps to somehow counter that initial lag but seeing the current state of tune in Fiat Engines ,,,thats a very least probable
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.