1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Hyundai is coming with the MPV Ertiga/Mobilio Rival.
    also the sub 4m compact SUV is also going to take shape.
    Really think that FCA should have launched compact SUV and MPV on Linea platform (but with the 1.6 MJD only)
    they will take atleast minimum another 5 years to come with such options.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Chevrolet used 1.3 MJD 76ps on their 7 seater Enjoy and you can see many on the roads and its successfull,also there is nothing wrong with 1.3Mjd 90 ps Ertiga,the way engine is tuned on ertiga is amazing ,with fully loaded too, the pull is amazing,results successful product for maruthi.We are having two best examples with 1.3 then why to wait for 1.6 ? the problem with FIAT is, not thinking above Punto and Linea chasis design.6 years now in the market only two models,shame.Dont need of Linea platform based 7 seaters instead bring all new concept and design.500L ? Doblo ?. These should be 7 seater wild cards for fiat.Above all the marketing,sucks, and the reason also for low sales of all the cars.Such a nice car Avventura, made it big flop on sales charts and there creta already thousands of booking.
    avi_loveindia likes this.
  3. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @Ganges Customer trust in a brand we can say for the bookings of Creta.
    on one side Fiat is closing the best in India ASS of pandit and on another side all the dealers and ASS of Hyundai are intact since last 10-12 years + new are added.
    many owners themselves scared of their car's future services in Pune.
    how can it is expected to trust FCA and other dealers with already bad reputation.

and the reality fact is that all others than Fiat themselves tune the 1.3 MJD 75/90 HP better.
    reasons - Fiat's ancient GB + gross weight of car.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Does FIAT have R&D team in India ? if Yes,for what are they being paid :D
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    why is fiat in such a lethargic mode all the in india?
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Brighter colours look good on the Avvy with its dark nose grill. Black may look good in the showroom, and so does the bronze colour , but on the road it is the brighter colours such as red and white which stand out especially since the nose is standard black for all shades. Recently I saw a white Avvy and was watching it in my rear view for quite some time.
    With reg to colours, we sit inside and dont see the shade of the car a sit moves among other vehicles, but it makes a big impact on the people outside who see the car in the right colour
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  7. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Creta may be a good car or SUV what ever they call but it is big price blunder did by Hyundai.
    It may not be big numbers in selling but it will have slow and painful death because we have a history once it is dud you can't bring to new life in Indian market.
    There are lot of examples such as Aria,mobilo,Fiesta.
    Asking 15lacs Bangalore OTR for creta is insane they are challenging strome,Scorpio,Xuv and Innova.
    It is neither 7 seater nor powerful as them.
    So Fiat still have the space and market to bring the CSuv and challenge the Ford and Renault, but I know that I am asking more from incompetent fiat :banghead:.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 23, 2015 ---
    Mods please merge my thread.
    Just now saw the pricing of creta mailed by cousin,he was thinking to buy one and also it was pre booked
    And no he has cancelled,going for Xuv.
    The sx+ costs 16L and top end sx(o) costs 17L they are totally insane.
    Sure it will be bombed like never before. Sorry for going OT but fiat can learn a lesson if they want about priceing and keep it low as possible they can because they are not Hyundai or Honda to take the risk.
    Fingers are crossed let us see how they will bring this beast.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Hyundai has already done it with Verna. First two models were flop (Verna (2006) and Verna transform(2010(?)), it was going to die. But, Hyundai knows what to do and they do it fast. Brought the Fluidic version of the Verna (in 2011), and it remained the topper of the segment until City arrived with Diesel heart (2014).
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    First they named a hatch 'Elite'....and now they've called a hatch-with-guaranteed to be mediocre-or-even-worse ride, handling, steering, chassis and suspension engineering and build the 'Creta' and have proceeded to proclaim it the 'Perfect (sic) Suv (sic)'. At 13-15+ lakhs!?

In a market that has such awesomely well-engineered and decently/terrifically designed Cuv-s and 'Suv-s' at pretty-damn-cut-prices as the Duster/Terrano and the Avventura and the Safari Storme, or even to a lesser degree the XUV. Not to mention the 1.6 mjd S Cross, from Suzuki, a quasi-desi company that is an old, pioneering hand at small, very affordable Cuv-s (Gypsy, Samurai, Jimny, G Vitara, SX4.)

They are said to have 10000+ bookings. They're openly claiming 15000, i think? Crazy

Creta for (automotive) cretins, which is what Hyundai presumes the vast vast majority of the Indian car buying public to be, by now. By what reckoning is any Hyundai anywhere close to being a premium, luxe, better-than-the-rest firm or cars? Strange and mysterious are the ways of the big wise desi crowd, or is that, lest I be castigated for being too critical, even: a herd?

I am afraid they may not be any more than very slightly wrong!

PS: not content with plagiarizing the Maserati Ghibli for the front-end of the i20 cough snort wheeze... 'Elite'....they've now lifted the Creta's interiors off it too, almost literally! And other FCA cars too (Alfa Giulietta, Avventura for the i20 Active, etc )

PS #2: The Fakery of the Indian car market is getting to be pretty crazy. One feels like most cars, esp the ones that are best-sellers are like pirated editions of some real, more true, more authentic original piece of engineering+design+brand+ASS (this last not necessarily or rather not only Fiat, i hasten to emphasize).

I suppose one will soon have no choice but to stick to the new-to-India bigger, better bikes and maybe even scooters: at least they're 'truer' and 'honest' engineering, design and brand-promise/identity vehicles, no?
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot : Its like Hyundai is taking the Indians for a ride!!! but i guess that shows to what degree have we Indians evolved as far as selecting a car (hatch/sedan/SUV/CUV) is concerned.

I remember, when I was in class 12th , and we were about to buy a entry level sedan (Eventually bought Esteem), I asked my dad why dont we try some other car, my Dad said that Esteem (in general, maruti cars) is so common on our roads, which means its better than the rest, why to go for some other car ??

That thinking is still there today, even though people have in general started to read about reviews and are better informed, but still there is a long way to go!!

I feel sad to say that this Hyundai might also be a hit, even though its only full of gimmicks and is no where close to any kind of originality!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.