1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    The recent reports in auto forums now suggest that only the Abarth 595 is going to be launched on Aug 4th. Punto Abarth and Avventura Abarth might be launched later. Hope this is not true. Else my wait to own a Fiat will get delayed a bit more. Also, I keep wondering how the drivability of 135BHP TJET will be in low rpms.
    Sujit508 and prabhjot like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Whencut86

August 4th for the brand-launch, with the 595 Compeizione, to be followed by a 'festive season' launch of the Evo+Avventura FiatAbarth-s? Sounds OK to me.

There will be some lag, but only relative to peak torque not absolutely? Should be more or less as good as the Linea t-jet which is a breeze at lower rpm-s+lower gears. Guess gear-ratios 1,2 might've been tweaked too, given the much lower weight. Also, rumour had it that the turbo was a new one, a new design, I mean, relative to the t-jet Linea's....

Patience, my friend, then. As the cheesy Hindi saying goes, "sabr ka phal meethaa hota...." (the fruit of patience is sweet). It is perfectly untrue in most cases, except not when it comes to this engine on these Fiats! ;-)
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  3. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @prabhjot I am patient. Been waiting for 2-3 months now. Festive season launch for Avventura Abarth is ok for me. My Brio insurance is due in April, 2016 and my next Brio service is Jan-Feb only. So can wait till then :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Whencut86 : I guess your would be the first Avvy T-JET in TFI :D
    As @prabhjot said, 'sabr ka fal meetha hota hai' :p
  5. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Whencut86 @Turbothinghy
    Dont you think a Evo Abarth be a more Abarthified than an Avvy Abarth. Lower GC of Evo will make a better handler. If I am correct its supposed to be 170 mm for Evo Abarth which is same as the pre 2012 set up. Avvy with higher weight and GC will really be not as fun as Evo @ corners. Even the current 90 HP is better than Avvy as far as handling is concerned. Yeah ride quality is where Avvy trumps Evo but that too due to fatter tyres and a slgihtly rugged suspension set up. I can bet the difference would be negligible if Evo weras the same shoes as Avvy. But the same cannot be said about Avvy's handling.

So if its a Abarth its got to Evo. Lighter weight and lower ground clearance. That what will be the first true hot hatch in India. Avvy can take the second spot.
  6. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Turbothinghy I hope so too. Let Fiat launch it first here :)
    @nibedk I agree Avvy will not be as much fun as a Punto Abarth. But the true nature of Punto Abarth can only be felt either in twisties or in racetracks. How often do we do that? Avvy Abarth with its increased GC and beefier suspension will be a boon on our roads. Need to take into consideration family as well in my car buying decision. More power/torque for me, better ride for family. Handling and driving depends on the driver as well. So I guess I can manage it in an Avvy. My only grouse is that with reports stating Abarth cars would be in black or white colours only, I might have to settle down for a black avvy instead of a red one.
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  7. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Whencut86 .I would suggets you TD both Avvy and Evo Abarth before concluding. I can from my experience tell you that the difference in ride is negligible between 90 HP and Avvy that are being sold currently. Its only while soft roading/off roading that you may find a little difference.

In the last one year I have done multiple trips in my car with 3 trips of more than 2.5 K each adn2 trips close to between 0.5 to 1 K kms besides multiple other below 500 kms. Each time I have travelled with my wife and daughter who is going to turn 4 in a few weeks time. Not even a single complain yet from either one of them. My kiddo uses her car seat and has puked just once since I got my car and that too due to chocolates getting stuck in her throat. She has even travelled in the car when she has not been well. Is that a proof enough of the supreme ride 90 HP provides. No doubt Avvy will be a little better but that should not be a deal breaker. You can achieve the same by putting 205/55 tyres in Evo as well.
  8. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Service Center getting ready for Abarth

DSC_0573.JPG
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wake up,enough sleep FCA India :D ,Creta Launched , time to do some job.
    Creta 128 PS without rear disc brakes ?

Creta_Specs.jpg
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Brighter colours look good on the Avvy with its dark nose grill. Black may look good in the showroom, but on the road the white looks really smashing. Saw one recently and I kept looking in my rear view. Even the bronze is sexy in the show room but hardly has a look of presence on the road. Just my thoughts on the shades for Avvy. We select the colour and sit inside the car , but it is the others who look at the outer shell of the car and appreciate.

Abdul
    Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.