1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    By far best look at Punto Abarth
    1389159d1436019370-scoop-fiat-punto-evo-t-jet-coming-up-9.jpg

and lots of Scorpions :dead:
    1389072d1435995168-scoop-fiat-punto-evo-t-jet-coming-up-fiat_abarth_logo_factory.jpg
    Dr. Fixated, pdash, Anup and 10 others like this.
  2. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    I personally like GP Abarth. The older look of Punto was damn cute like a puppy. Last week, on Topspeed, 595 Competizone was reviewed in Japan. GP Abarth was also shown for few seconds.
    avi_loveindia likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Most unlikely, due to the priority of most sedan buyers (resale+'status'+fuel efficiency). Besides, the current Linea t-jet (of which I am pleasurably an owner and lover) has ample go, show, brakes, tyres etc as it is. Besides, Abarths have if I am not mistaken, never been sedans, ever, even in Italy/Europe?

The all-new Linea -replacement which will be the Grand Sienna and not the Aegea, to come as per their plan, if they'll be sticking to it, in 2017/2018, might get the 1.5/1.6 mjd. One suspects they're done trying to persuade the fools of this segment of buyers (C2 sedans) away from Honda City-s etc. When even the t-jet could not be persuasive enough.....what chance the much more expensive 1.6 mjd on the current Linea?
  4. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    The grand siena just looks boring from every angle. More like a RENAULT Scala/fluence It cannot claim it as a linea replacement.
    Aegea should be the rightful successor.
    Even the interior looks boring in the Siena
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @adisrini1103

OT: mods, please delete if required, thanks.

It will not be the current Grand Sienna but an all-new one.

Is it possible that they will repeat what they did with the Indian Linea and Punto with the Aegea+perhaps the 'New Avventura' suv, namely change the platform from SUSW (shared mostly with the 500X, Renegade, and others coming up) to the X3U lightened-Palio currently planned as new base for the all-new cars (Punto, Grand Sienna, New Avventura suv) for India/Brazil? If that's even technically doable, like it was for the Indian Linea (Palio platform) vis-a-vis the Turkish/European one (SCSS, shared with Opel/GM.)

In any case with the t-jet AND it seems certain the 1.5 Indian version-mjd too by 2017, they'll remain/be the drive quality/performance benchmarks, that's for sure, just like the FiatAbarth t-jet-s will, by a distance.

It will be very important to see the sales take-up of the Fiat Abarth Evo+Avventura. If it is as desultory or negligible as the Linea t-jet suffered.....FCA may want to seriously revisit their mass-market (sub 10-lakh) 'plans' in favour of more premium and niche, ckd-type models at d-segment prices (500, 500X, upcoming bigger 500X, 124 Spider, Aegea etc).
  6. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @gazgotta This would be fantastic, though I am more concerned with the T-jet punto. Release it organize a drag race, smoke the competition and then give that really wicked smile. Man, I also feel like wanting to fight those Polo and Swift dudes. Been waiting a really long time for this. :punch::punch::rage::rage:
    sandipan_r15 and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  8. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Its high time they should start publishing in car magazines on specifications/accelarations and other details of Punto Abarth or T-Jet Punto. Or a separate website on this.
    Murphy_Fiat and kishorekrs like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Grand Siena vs Aegea cost of production could be major deciding factors. Unless they plan going like other manufacturers for two ranges of vehicle cost wise one more closer for the customer on budget.

Meanwhile they should invite Volvo to use that spare facility for their wonderful cars.

@prabhjot about time we spell it right as 'plaaan' like our friend @acechip likes to think of it. Fiat fans are cursing it for that 1.6 promised to Maruti. Since on ground lots of amends are needed from marketing for presence pov, I guess your idea of partial localisation should be the only possible way.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    avi_loveindia and prabhjot like this.
  10. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    OT
    but With SX4 cross and Honda Jazz Next Gen launched , Its high time for Fiat to look at its strategies more ,,
    These recently launched cars are massively improved over their old gen and still they were fast to come in the Indian market .
    I really wish Fiat to launch next Gen cars with more bell n whistles as these are . Look at the feature list of i20 or Jazz , Sx4 Cross ,, they fully loaded with any imaginable features on the Indian road .
    I found that i20 don't have touchscreen as Jazz has it ,,, but the word has that form July ,, I20 will have touchscreen too.. This shows that how they responsive to current Market competition. When will Fiat have those ?? Commn Fiat ,Wakeup Giant, we deserve more than those Magnetic compass or dials ..
    dadasaheb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.