1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    135 bhp is confirmed Bro. A fiat SA had come to visit me with different feedback forms. He said that randomly they are picking different Fiat owners and getting their feedback. He had come directly from the Ranjangaon plant. He said this initiaitve has been started with Pune and slowly would cover other areas.
    He confirmed that 135 bhp variant Evo and Avventura are on their way.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 3, 2015 ---
    I guess Fiat provide all the variants of T-JET Linea with all discs and ABS, so this shouldnt be an exception :D
    Fiat believes that with great power comes great responsibility :joyful:
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  2. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Postponed my Avventura for the abarth one. Waiting for it. Hopefully should come with ABS and Airbags. Else will stick to diesel Avventura. Won't compromise on safety for the pleasure of driving.
  3. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well thats fanatastic. But do we have any idea if we will have Evo and Avvy regular one with 135 HP TJET. As per Fiat 5 year plan for India we will have Punto Abarth only. Does that mean we will have Avvy Abarth as well. Or is it that we have the 160 HP TJET planned for the Abarth. Then what happens to the 114 HP TJET which Linea uses. They cant give better engines in hatch/psuedo SUV and Linea still uses the older one.

Dont think Fiat will do that. Best would be Evo and Avvy and Linea with 114 TJET and Abarth Punto with 135 HP TJET. The current TJET will be more than sufficient for Evo and Avvy. Lena TJET smokes rest of the competion with the current TJET. Doesn't make sense as people will completely stop buying Linea if Evo and Avvy comes with 135 HP engines. Either they will have to give the all Fiats the new TJET engine or stick to what I have mentioned above.
  4. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    It is most definitely coming with ABS and Airbags , As the Tjet should be the top end petrol aka 'Emotion' only. Thats why they had no petrol Emotion for Avvy when launched in 2014.

Also. looking at the scoop pics, I am guessing that the sticker on top of dashboard(above the glovebox) isn't it the place where the symbol srs airbag would be ? Have they tried to hide it ?

I am guessing only the 114 HP Tjets would be branded Fiat. aka, the Avvy might only get the 114 Hp Tjet.

As to the 135 HP Tjet in scoop pic. I am guessing this is early testing for Abarth Avvy ? to be launched maybe later ?

I would so love to the proved wrong with 135 hp engines for Evo and Avvy .
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Dont worry bro. Abarth Avventura would definitely be coming with all the safety features..after all its 135 bhp. And as @Sujit508 pointed out: It will come only in the emotion variant which anyways has all the safety features. In fact you would be getting discs at rear as well :smuggrin:
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    My idea was different - I thought Abarth will come as a separate brand and will have the imported vehicles. The 135/140 BHP is essentially a Punto with the heart of a powerful T-jet. It should remain as the Punto or maybe Punto Abarth which will be the sports version of the Punto's.

Again please quickly plonk a diesel 1.6 and create a parallel version (diesel) of the sports Punto.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  7. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat Engineers Testing these 135hp mules for 40,000 Km Endurance
    Fiat-Avventura-Abarth-T-Jet-variant-spied-009.jpg
    source: indiancarsbikes.in
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Abarth is quite different as you said. 135 bhp on a hatchback is very different, specially in Indian scenario. And at least Abarth Punto won't have Fiat logos at the front or rear. It will surely be in a league of its own when launched. Also it goes without saying that it would smoke the Polo GT and various performance oriented cars of higher segment. 0-100 within 9 seconds isn't a joke. So it's special :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    135 Bhp is confirmed Atleast for avventura Tjet.

FiatAvventuraTJet5.jpg
    abhinav_nani and Anup like this.
  10. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Any idea if this 135 HP making into Linea ? My car is 5 1/2 years old and is due for change, my 1st (and only ;) ) priority will be Linea TJET [because I need bigger boot].

Already present power might be enough, but i'm ready to wait & pay extra money for 135HP.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.