1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I dont know how many of us saw the import price of the 1.6 mjd that maruti has imported. It will cost a minimum 3 lakhs for the engine alone in the car. The engine cots 1.85 lakhs + 35% duty, haulage,+ OH + Profit+ warranty...etc. There are many among us who will clamour for it but how many us will part with the money I seriously doubt. Well Maruti has everything in the product and the support of the masses that they will buy a car whose engine alone costs more than 3 lakhs. This is the reason Fiat is not getting into this mess of 1.6 just yet. Untill fiat gets the volumes from maruti , fiat will not make it in a hurry as Fiats own volume will be meagre for the investment.

Abdul
  2. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Avventura too with Disc brakes at rear ,,may be we get Abs and Airbags too
    Fiat-Avventura-T-Jet-10.jpg

And for Fiat not going for 1.6 mjd now because its playing with safe hands here. It doesn't want to get in mess of that now as @jumu said ,,,
    But Irony is that this strategy of playing safe is Fatal to Fiat and it has proved many times already ,,,,,No risk no Gain,,, whats meaning of coming prepared when Race is already Over
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    Anup likes this.
  3. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    A big thumps up for suzuki they loaded the s cross with features and as a market leader they have provided the air bags,rear disc brakes and abs in all the variants(except in one variant) and is it going to force the other players to follow the safety steps? Any how very good news for our people.
    Coming to the price they have not overpriced the cars and if they have done there are less mistakes in the pricing.
    I dont believe they will import the engine for 3 lakhs and if my guessing are correct as a Japanese company they are much better in planning and execution and by the japanese standards(because I work for Japanese) they might have already started the assembling here and in the tune of 6 months it will be localised.if they import the profit will be less and by seeing the reviews in other forums they have brought a very good product and it will be selling in good volume.
    Grand vitara was a failure because they never interested in selling due to petrol version but this will be their 1st proper SUV and will be launched with all blazing guns.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 2, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 2, 2015 ---
    I got some more info.
    So the s cross engine have costed 1.95 so it is not 3 lakhs and till now they have imported around 2400 numbers and they have also exported 2 Top end models for 7.8 lakhs to Malaysia so the pricing will be undercutting all the Suv's and again Fiat has missed the bus:banghead:.
    Source is zauba.

@mod please merge my post I was not able to edit.
    avi_loveindia likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Maruti S-cross 1.6 mjd does 0-100 sprint in 11.3 seconds.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 2, 2015 ---
    I agree with your thinking process. Maybe fiat would start plonking 1.6 when they will start producing it in India.
    Question : 1.3 mjd was introduced with Maruti Swift in 2007, was that also imported at that time?
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @jumu i think the petrol 1.6 engine for palio full import from Brazil costed Rs. 50k to our moderator Italia Linea.
    3 Lakhs seems something wrong there, if true which means there will be atleast 3 lakh difference in pricing of 1.3 and 1.6 S-Cross.
    lets see how it translates on launch.
  6. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Guys,let's have these hard facts before comparing Maruthi ( Suzuki) with Fiat.
    In the recently held investors meet Suzuki has given a projection upside of 3 million vehicles by 2020 and they expect that about 60% will be from Maruthi.
    So their total existence depends on Maruthi staying on top and hence will go all guns blazing, unlike Hyundai ,Suzuki don't have support in Europe and America, so they are very much afraid of Hyundai in India than any one else.
    Hyundui I think clearly outwit them with I20 elite,but lost ground to Ciaz.
    So now its Creta vs S cross and its going to be very hard fought battle.
    Design and look wise Creta is a clear winner and Maruthi only has 1.6 mjd from our beloved to trump Creta and of course the price.
    In fact before 2020 Maruthi is planning to launch 20 vehicles and notable among them will be Swfit range extender which gives an insane FE of 48kmpl.
    If that vehicle is priced right then 1.3 mjd sale of engines by Fiat to Maruthi will be in grave danger.....
    Let's wait and watch......
  7. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    In a recent article I guess in motorbeam it was mentioned that the tuning would be done at 105 bhp for evo & avy on T-jet engines. Wonder what's the exact config now!!
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I had seen an extract copy of Marutis import of the 1.6 engines somewhere in the forums. am not sure where but I remember calculating. It need not be 3 lakhs difference. You have to subtract the cost of the alternate engine which would have gone in , in that place and its value. May be a 1.5 lakh difference. The critical aspect for Fiat is volume

Fiat began the 1.3 with maruti. That gave them the volume to have a vendor base which was shared when fiat- Tata put up their plant.

Abdul
    dadasaheb likes this.
  9. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Not aware whether the first batch of engines for Suzuki were imported or locally assembled.

But for Fiat the first 1.3 mjds were imported from Poland and they went into the Palio MJD.
  10. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    I couldn't agree with you any more.( Sorry for the smiley size.)

upload_2015-7-3_10-44-41.jpeg

upload_2015-7-3_11-5-37.jpeg
    kishorekrs and avi_loveindia like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.