1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    IMO Very few visit FIAT dealership before purchasing the cars. What ever may be the reasons.
    FIAT cars are owned by people who don't care about resale value (just like me - punto evo MJD is my first car) & care about points like you mentioned above.

Yes, Marketing needs to be improved.
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @nibedk i must say very in depth and detailed analysis which sums all the B2 segment very well. hats off to you.
    FCA are now putting or have putted T-Jet in Evo but not the 1.6 MJD at least offer it at linea MJD cost.
    again they have addressed only one leg and not the other diesel one - for which MJDs are known and selling in all cars.
  3. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @nibedk Brilliant analysis - a very fair read of the current market situation. To add to the same - look at the way they go in their plans, they have a T-jet Punto in the works but no racehorse in the diesel version. Seriously, I want to meet the India strategic planners. In the Avvy, they had a top-end diesel but no top end petrol. The current 1.4 is overpriced (due to taxes and rules about falling into a different segment). The need is for a 1.2 and no the FIRE does not count in all 3 versions of the petrol and at acceptable prices.
    vista7155 and dadasaheb like this.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @Raj_pol this is what i call as quarter hearted (not even half i will say) approach to the Indian Market.
    They never comes with all the arsenal and all guns blazing at same time.
    Look at VW they have completely changed powertrains of the polo and we saw the result in last month's sales.
    vista7155 likes this.
  5. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @nibedk What you compiled is quite correct. But again I'd say those issues you mentioned while correct are not the reasons for a no-sale from a 1st time buyer. Read my few earlier posts where I mentioned about my neighbour buying a car, Its because what @Rama said; Most don't even go to Fiat & others don't buy considering resale value. These are the 2 biggest reasons for less Fiat sales.

No 1st time buyer is in reality comparing build quality & gear-box throws to be honest, most don't even know about these things before they actually step out to buy a car.... then they get on Internet & read about reviews from these Auto-mags...... to a large extent these play on their minds & then popular advice from friends & family which also affects to an extent. In india Buying your 1st Car is still considered a "BIG Achievement" A Big move so they mostly play it safe relying on all these advises.
    Rama likes this.
  6. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Not 3-4 years bro, only 1 year. This is, provided Fiat follows the same pattern as before:

1.3 MJD launched with Swift in 2007
    1.3 MJD launched with Palio a year later i.e 2008

I am quite positive that next year Fiat cars would be plonking 1.6 MJD (Pandit Auto SA also told me this).

So the fiat enthusiasts/fanboys wont have to wait for long, at least lets hope so ;)
    Murphy_Fiat and avi_loveindia like this.
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @kk27 . I didn't mention 1st time car buyer. I observed the trend for folks who want a premium hatchback and are in market with a budget ranging between 6-9 lacs. These are folks who are not necessarily enthusiats but autoliterate(couln't find a better word). This sort of folks are usually from metros and bogger cities and really do not worry about brands as much and usually do a lot of TDs from various manufacturers. They too ask for advices and after test driving a Fiat believe that what others say is correct from what ever little the experience of test drive.

I test drove Punto 90 close to 8 times and TJET twice. This after shortlisting 3 cars( Punto 90 HP, Linea TJET and New Fiesta TDCI).
    Even before I shopped for my car I was aware of all manufacturers in India and their respective strengths. I may not an auto expert like few of the esteemed TFIANs. But still I will consider myself as some one who can figure out the difference between a car with good driving dynamics and wonderful steering and another car with lots of creature comforts and a average dynamics. Still it took me 10 test drives to convince myself to get a FIAT. Trust me ASS and resale was not even considered. I will be keeping the car for a long time to come. I may buy another car in a year or two and still keep my Punto as second car. But for all other cars it was a Yes or No in a single test drive. Fiesta was a YES as driver's car but I didnt buy it as its not that great as a family car and secondly it sells in single digits. So I hope you got the message that I was trying to convey in my previous mail. No one really has the time to convince him/her self to buy a Punto. 1 single test drive and usually its a no from 99% of folks. The rest 1% are usually Fiat owners who have had previous experience. I kept test driving as I was aware of all the good things about Fiat but couldn't test and convince myself in the first few drives. Not everyone has the time or ethusiasm to do all this.

Will I buy a Fiat next. Yes why not but only if they do not dilute the core strengths. And if they are still selling engines in India, if not they better be selling good enough number of cars. Otherwise the dealers may not be able to sustain for long. In that case I will give Fiat a skip with a heavy heart
    bharath and dadasaheb like this.
  9. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    HEADS UP!!!! that S- cross is coming with a Dual-Clutch Auto transmission, and we dont even get an amt.:arghh:
  10. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Wow,, I never knew that a car company uses its on engine in its own car after 1 year of the use of the same engine by other company ,,May I know why ??
    Sorry for OT but It may give answer to 1.6 in Punto
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 1, 2015 ---
    Where its me
    Where its mentioned about Dual clutch in Indian verion,, although UK version S -Cross has it ,,am I missing something
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.