1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PPal

PPal Timido

In my opinion the new T-jet Punto Evo at the wrong price is going to be a disaster. Reality check: the 1.4 Petrol Emotion costs 6.85 ex-showroom Mumbai, thats only 20,000 less than the 75PS Diesel Emotion. Who in their right mind pay for the Petrol, especially since it has always felt underpowered

Enter T-Jet Evo Emotion. At a price much lower than the 1.4 petrol, it may have a significant impact on sales.

On the other hand if its atrociously priced, its unlikely to make a significant difference
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    I think FIAT is planning to keep the volume for EVO(NOV sales fig. should not be treated as benchmark for the future of EVO)The plan is---plonk T-jet in EVO so it will be a USP for EVO & will attract enthusiast & true petrol heads as well.And who likes the AVVY will have to settle for the diesel.If T-jet is plonked into AVVY that may very badly effect EVO.
    Those,who love petrol & want T-jet , EVO will be their automatic choice; and AVVY will be sold for it's looks and diesel will be the choice.
    So EVO will be able to keep the volume on the strength of T-jet.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

@ramjn- wrt Constructive criticism, can we somehow invite a Fiat India management rep on this forum (If there isnt already one) ? I am sure he/she would get so much feedback. And there have been events in that direction held in the past with the erstwhile FIAL CEO. But somehow it is falling on deaf ears atleast back in Milan, Italy.
    And dont we always chide the ones we love most ? (str from Bollywood, this:writing:)
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    IMHO if they want to plonk T-Jet for EVO/AVVY it should be 1.2 L Multiair T-Jet (no FIRE please)
    manufacture it locally like the Revetron and price it below diesel by at least 75k so that FIAT would have gr8 USP for petrol engine over the TSI and Ecoboost which are pricey.
    going for 1.4 will attract more excise duty and if by route CKD (like T-Jet in Linea) it will be overpriced and again people will not opt for it.

come on FIAT look at Xiauomi who is selling 75k mobile handsets in 8 seconds with the best hardware in market at Rs. 8999 which will cost from other brands at least Rs. 20k - 25k this is their USP
    VIJENDRA SINGH and Raj_pol like this.
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    If and that is a big if FIAT plans to release a T-Jet version of the Punto, then a few things need to be kept in mind to get customer attention.

1. Advertise - Try asking the number of people who have heard about the -iVtec compared with the T-jet and you get my point. Oh, and while you are at it, no white folks please, we need brown people for an ad created specifically for the brown guys understand? (I have been watching too much of Russel Peters).

2. Get a few niggles sorted out - like if possible the ergonomics. I find it alright a majority seems to have a problem. Listen to the majority and you will make money.

3. Add bling like there is no tomorrow. DRL's, rear parking camera and improve on the fit & finishing as far as possible.

For those who say this would not work, once upon a time even Hyundai was not existent and they are behind Maruti making some wonderful cars.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    That is exactly the reason they've spurned all those complainants (and as we know there always are many/most who'll demand this engine or that gearbox...and still refuse to buy or even reccommend Fiats) who've been demanding the t-jet.

The fear that a t-jet will cannibalize sales of the similarly priced diesel, given how in our country even 'enthusiasts' care all-too-much for fuel efficiency. And probably why they'll launch the t-jet Evo and/or Avventura as Abarth-s with other extra-s (seats, livery, suspension tuning), NOT as Fiats.

Still, they should try and mimic the strategy of VW with the polo diesels: the same engine in two states of tune: a t-jet Fiat AND a premium-priced t-jet Abarth.

Sales won't rocket or anything, but the brand will stay (re)freshed, dealerships will see some good extra traffic and GIVEN much lower petrol prices...
    tweeting_fiat likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    He got to see the Evo T-Jet again and confirms that it has the same Instrument cluster as that of Regular Evo. May be he got confused as he is owning first generation Punto. :) The Evo T-Jet is in Chennai for a component development with a Vendor.

Updated the same in the opening post as well. :)
    GirishRaghu, jumu, asimpleson and 2 others like this.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Me thinks: Instead of having a TJet engine on Evo, Fiat would do wonders plonking 1.6 MJD on Linea.
  9. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

I also heard from a reliable source that Avventura is also getting the T-Jet! In fact the source told me that Avventura is the only one that he knows which would get a T-Jet engine, not the Evo.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Sounds good, hope your source is 'reliable'! Thanks.

Guess the Evo won't get one since the Abarth-branded and liveried Punto will the one to get the up-tuned t-jet?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.