1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    What can also boost their sales is OEM accessories like Projector lamps, Different Alloys, Reverse Camera etc. If these are made & sold at every Fiat outlet then this can really help their cause. It's like those who want projectors etc no modding or road-side mechanic required, get those off the shelf & get it fixed without affecting any warranty.
    abhinav_nani and manas_270 like this.
  2. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    actually i dont know what made them drop the projector lamps from the avventura concept in the first place.... it would just add some 6000 rupees as an after market accessory..would've given it a new feel... Damn that Fiat India
    prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  3. manas_270

manas_270 Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Agree. Would be good if they could have those under Accessories that users can choose at some extra cost. Not sure how much of sales it would increase, but hey at least the fans get an option to spice up their rides. Win-Win for both Fiat [additional revenue] & User [Not worrying about warranty issues].

Let's hope Fiat implements this in coming releases!! [Wishful thinking :D]
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    What I think is that these additional features aren't required to get a boost in the sales. If you want to do a good business in the car industry you will have to focus in having a better FE, period. This would create more buyers and eventually improve the after sales. Or just get aggressive with your marketing, something volkswagen and Ford have done in the past for Polo and Ecosport respectively.

I haven't included the after sales part as an important ingredient to boost sales as Volkswagen has in a way boosted it's sales even though it has one of the worst after sales support

Nothing else would sell in India.

And please, Fiat can do a lot if they really want to boost their sales. They are too lethargic with their approach of marketing and positioning their products. Fiat cars have a lot of features that aren't present in other best selling vehicles, but then also fiat feels it's really worthless to advertise them.

They are just happy with the revenue they are garnering from selling the multijet engines to other manufacturers.
    Just my opinion.
    abhinav_nani likes this.
  5. manas_270

manas_270 Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Came across a post by a member on Team-BHP, saying the below regd. the upcoming Punto T-Jet [quoting his points which looks to be maybe genuine info (really hoping it to be as he is based in Pune :smug:) ]
    1. It will be 140bhp 210 Nm torque :happy:
    2. Gear ratio (2-3) are shortened
    3. 0-100 in less than 9 seconds
    4. clutch travel not as long as regular punto
    5. gearbox will have short throws
    6. rides lower than standard car
    Mannn!! After reading it, just hoping Fiat launches this in August. Only thing is, he mentions price to be on the right side of 10 lakhs. :eek:
    Was thinking they would undercut the GT TSI wrt pricing being an MT. Interesting times ahead.
    Will start getting into Super Saver mode from tomorrow to save some extra bucks hopefully :smuggrin:

Agree with you on the sales part Turbothinghy. Hence I said in my post, "not sure how much of sales it would increase". I was talking more from Fiat having items under accessories like other manufacturers have. Just give option to existing users to choose from without voiding warranty.

Most of the stuff you mentioned on how their sales can increase have been discussed multiple times in this forum & all of them are true, but unfortunately seem to fall on deaf ears at Fiat end. So we just got to live with what we have unless someone at Fiat management wakes up & takes notice :(
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    shouldn't FCA try a diesel Abarth punto with the 1.6 MJD 2 with 320 NM and 120 HP along with the T-Jet Abarth ?
    any how now MSIL has started importing 1.6 MJD 2, may be FCA can import when there is actual customer booking for it.
    and then deliver the car within 20 to 30 days time.
    what you say all Fiat fans ???
    Amit Rox, prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    I think that guy already test drove the Abarth Tjet and he knows all the specs in detail.
    manas_270 and Amit Rox like this.
  8. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat-Avventura-T-Jet-3-rear-fascia.jpg Fiat-Avventura-T-Jet-2-spied.jpg More spotted
    source : rushlane.com

Fiat-Punto-Abarth-T-JEt-1-rear-three-quarter.jpg
    Fiat-Avventura-T-Jet-9-front-three-quarter.jpg
  9. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The ground clearance and wheel well gap on the black abarth punto seems to be too huge and ugly compared to the white ones spied before... it doesnt seem to be riding lower as mentioned by someone in tbhp, may be just lower than the 185mm gc , not lower than the old punto's 170mm GC ! well, all those can be swapped later on, let it come !!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.