1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Well with all this banter the hard & cold truth is........ People will love this EVO Abarth Punto/ Avvy car, will crave it, will oggle over it & will just wait for some friend like me to buy it so they can enjoy the driving. It 's like this.... no one wants a super hot wife who has a attitude; for marriage is perfect with gharelu type grey-coloured biwi. Fiat is the perfect mistress, best for short one-drive stand. I tend to agree with prahbjot, People don't buy Fiat just because it's a Fiat!

My neighbor was hunting for a 1st car & her budget was 7Lks. I asked her to also visit a Fiat, which she did, she simply loved the car. What did she buy with 7lks..... i10 Grande!! I asked her a reason she didn't buy the Fiat! She actually had none! She never mentioned Gear-Box issue, Nor the lack of Air-bags, neither driving position, nor the lag or pulling or car feeling like slouch, or lack of a camera(which she knew can be installed) OR about service; RS motors is just 10mins walk, yes hyundai service is like 100mtrs closer than RS motors. Could it be that 100mtrs a reason for non Fiat sale???

So people pls stop judging that sales are driving because of GB & driving position & engine lethargy being an issue, probably true for someone who's buying his 2nd/3rd car not 1st time buyers. So yes it is a about brand perception not necessarily negative towards Fiat but a whole lot of positive for others & huyndai is special mention. Two of my neighbors have bought Hyundais even though they loved the Fiat a lot. Like I said Fiat has some very nice cars with some or the other issue just like every other manufacturer has, no car is perfect. Its just magnified when it's a Fiat! Maruti has recalled many Ciaz for some issue... was there a hue-cry made for it? Eco-sports had clear toppling issues was that given any air? but the fiat-slight left pulling is made out into a humongous problem!

If the others were so damn perfect why would my friends want my car for a drive always when we go out? If the GB was that bad & the engine that laggy why would ones's who own maruti & hyndai & honda fight over driving my car? what has my imperfect car to offer them which theirs does not?

it's evident that everyone quietly knows that Fiat cars a damn good, But what no one will agree is People buy cars with primary reason not being safety of airbags, Shitty or Smooth GB, Driving position, camera or folding mirrors or projector lights.

The most primary & basic requirement of most people buying a car is "RESALE VALUE" period. No other parameter is as important as this one that's that, that's what drives sales nothing else.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  2. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    Nowadays ESP is common in newly launched/to-be-launched indian cars. Even the coming Figo Aspire has it in its specification list. Vento 1.5 tdi, Ford ES also have it. I think none of the Fiat cars in India have ESP even as an option. Talking safety is something more than tank like build quality alone. Should adopt the latest electronics as well. Would love to have this feature on Evo Abarth.
    Ichimaru likes this.
  3. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    My dear friend... just read my above post. Tell me does any Hyundai car has this option? Any Honda? And what about Maruti? And these are the companies who's cars sell the most. Tell me are their cars in anyway safer that Fiats (non-AirBags to non-Airbags comparison). And how many % of their sales happen in the top versions.

I'm not saying only Fiat cars are good, no... but pls don't think that these absence of these small features are the reason for little sales. Almost 90% of car sales happen at lower trims for all these manufacturers (those without the air-bags, projectors, cameras etc). The only reason for Fiat cars don't sell well is "RESALE VALUE" and brand perception nothing else.
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @kk27 Exactly my point - it is the brand perception which leads to more cars being sold which leads to a better resale value. we Indians are a strange species - we are willing to buy a hopeless car for the same price because we are concerned with what the resale would be when we sale the car and not the fun when we are actually driving it.
    However, times are changing slowly and I expect a fair bit of interest for the T-jet punto. I might be wrong :cigar: though.
    Maybe not this thread, but I would like to understand how do you go about increasing the perception of a brand - I have thrown in my idea's across different threads - I would like to hear from others. Not doing that however is not an answer.
    abhinav_nani likes this.
  5. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Yes not doing that is not the answer but doing everything the other manufacturers do is also not according to me.

Look I like Fiat cars not because it's "FIAT" because I like certain aspects of the car, now these are exactly opposite of what other cars have. eg. Steering with Feedback, very little body-roll, heavily built, mid-range grunt & power of the engine etc, and these are the essence of a Fiat car.
    Now in order to cater to masses the changes that Fiat needs to adopt will exactly affect these very things, going thing metal lighter build, electronic steering, plush-suspension, short-throw GB with low gearing for B2B traffic & signal acceleration. If these changes are done... I'm not sure if Fiat will suddenly start selling more but it will surely destroy it's purists. And well to change these things money is required in large quantities. So as far as structural & design aspect remains I don't think anything needs to change except working on finishing in certain areas to increase reliability.

Where they certainly need to do is spend a little on marketing Not a whole lot but a little & that too with certain focus. Eg. Linea has cruise control now which sedan selling like hot cakes has one? rain sensing wipers eg. One of the wider tyres in the segment enhancing handling, Focus on "hydraulic steering" as a handling aspect (make the perception change that it's old-school) it's better than EPS. Advertise on build-quality, Advertise MJD as the world engine... make a controversy like "your favourite cars run on our built engines... So don't just get the engine get the whole Fiat experience" something like this. So these needs to be the highlight. Active advertising during some popular movie time or cricket match etc to keep max-attention with little money.

And also keep doing what they're doing now, increasing the ASS, they should find out popular garages like RS motors & give them authorized Fiat badges all over india to make service available without large investments.
    abhinav_nani, varunrtr, gopan and 6 others like this.
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    if Fiat is the only company in profits after Maruti and Hyundai, then i do not understand why they are not putting some money on advertisements of their own products ?
    since all others are in losses still they advertise like a hell. why FCA is sleeping ?
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  7. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    A common AD across country may not in my opinion do the trick.
    The local ASS should be given some support financially and creatively to spread the positives of Fiat vehicles, in print as well as in local cable networks.
    We if have a good rapport,we can spare some time in assuring new customers who walk in if our names are given as referrals.
    Sustained ads at the micro level,I am sure will do wonders in increasing the sale....
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    @kk27 - I'm not connecting anything with sales. It's least of my worries. Nor comparing with Honda etc. Additional safety features like ESP are in no way any sales boosting factors but life saving factor on wet roads especially. If you should understand this, come to Kerala in rainy season (Now it is).
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. manas_270

manas_270 Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Brilliant tagline I came across after a long time:) You should really send this across to FIAT & maybe their ad agency can lap this up & build more on this ;)
    kk27 and Mabams1826 like this.
  10. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    but before marketing this they should make sure that "whole Fiat experience" is at good level and not pathetic like TML.
    otherwise more bad mouthing and bad publicity for the already damaged brand.
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.