1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    If this model turns out to be a DuD with sales numbers, am sure Fiat is Jinxed in this country. A Strategist or a new CEO/ business pundits cannot turn this around. I would seriously suggest a visit to the Astrologer...
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @C_S why are you being a pessimist, we need Fiat to be here because we own there made car(s). We can find a lot of such comments on FB page where in all Non-Fiat idiots posts on there page where in they have a launch or some promo happening, it's like they are been deliberately there to make comments like these.
    Let's keep our spirits high and welcome these new bit which FCA are trying, I personally felt bad after reading your post.
  3. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    I want Fiat to do well as much as anyone out there, and am extremely happy with my buy. If you read my post carefully, I was just stating that Evo/Avventura in the T-Jet is such a good product that, if this fails it is no mistake of Fiat or anything that we can point fingers at. I have also observed nobody has any compliant on Fiat cars just when they have launched, it is only when there are no sales numbers people nit-pick on what is wrong from their sense of what should have been done.

I am sorry if my way of putting across has been received with a bad taste, i am very appreciative of the fact that Fiat is listening to what we discuss on these forums. In fact when Avvy was launched one of the first things i heard was .. Can we have this in T-jet Avatar and within months Fiat has come up with it. Instead of Quoting straight that "This car will be superb", i quoted indirectly. I am already promoting this car within my circles and trying to influence people who are interested in buying the Polo TSI. I am sorry again if what i stated has hurt anyone.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Anup @C_S

I guess he meant that 'only an astrologer' can 'divine' what Fiat/FCA should do to sell well in India. More a joke than an offensive comment, na!

Perhaps the astrologer will say: "Fiat/FCA will merge with/acquire either or both of Tata Motors-JLR and Maruti Suzuki"!!:cool: He better, since I'll be paying him to say (un)likely but alluring things!:p
    C_S likes this.
  5. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    None of the specifications of punto t jet have been confirmed yet. All are some sort of hearsay. The power output, 5-speed or 6-speed, all wheel disc brakes( this alone is almost confirmed I think), modified suspension... list is lengthy. Even in the Linea t jet line of tune, it's still a bang for your buck. I still don't get why these car makers are keeping these specifications hiding that too of a soon-to-launch car. Why shouldn't they use it as a publicity rather than a secret ?
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    For all those who think, the numbers are going to increase significantly, they will not without good advertising touching the Indian heart. Also the numbers for a race machine would not be exponential, a 100 to 150 a month is good, what they have to concentrate is creating the brand, one car at a time. Speed is of essence and I am waiting to see how soon they will release the Jeep and Grand Cherokee. Imagine a customer walks into a showroom and sees a Grand Cherokee, a Jeep and an Abarth and is like wow Fiat makes such machines. I see but Maruti does not so maybe they have something and maybe I should try their machines.
    Vaibhav Rawat likes this.
  7. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    If you ask me , a good advertisement is not how you show your car beautifully

In the Indian market , an advertisement has to be idiotic - considering the success of the mobilio . things has to be so whacky that people should turn heads towards the ad Atleast in disgust

Second way is to make the advert controversial , bring sunny Leone for abarth and oh yeah.mmm she could heat things up for fiat

Besides fiat badly needs a proper brand ambassador, see TATA has kholi, Gayle for the bolt.. Fiat still sleeping?
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Would anyone know if Linea TJet could be brought in with more bhp [engine tuning] to match Punto Abarth?
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Saket Sidana Unlikely considering they have released a new version of the same in Turkey. The facelift for the Linea is in all likelihood the last for this version. We probably might need to wait till 2018 to see the new Linea in India.
    prabhjot and Saket Sidana like this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol

Good post. Difficult to achieve, and if it can be achieved: time will not be of the essence, other than its length. It'll take time. Brands, even new-to-market ones, take time to establish, and esp to re-establish/turn around.Turn-around brands, in the Indian auto baazar, are like a big Tata truck taking a u-turn on 2 lane highway! Especially, if one has only a limited pool of risk-capital for marketing. VW+Skoda have spent hundred(s) (of) crores, it seems, on advertizing in India over the last 3-4 years, it's done them very little good at all.

btw, Jeep is the mother-brand, Wrangler (2-door and 4-door) is the 'jeep' you're referring to. Sorry to be insisting on correct nomenclature. Even the Grand Cherokee is a Jeep. I know, i know, in India....

also, i don't expect the Jeep brand +dealership launch to happen before the Auto Expo in Feb 2016, but who knows? Could be even later?

i wonder if there's a stupid-rich-boy market in India for the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, a Jeep equivalent of the Abarth-s: souped up V8 petrol, like amg is to the merc m-class or g-wagen......? I am sure there is, have seen one or three Gwagen AMG-s in Dilli.

The Jeep dealerships+Abarths+Alfa-s are a nice idea, which is what is in the announced plan for the Alfa rollout all over the world except the US. Alfa-s, when and not if, they're launched here (in 4-5 years' time) will retail out of the 15-25?50? Jeep dealerships. Meanwhile they should definitely retail the Abarths out of them, right from launch. They will not though, since they won't want people skeptical-of-Fiat-in-India (the vast majority) to associate and damn Jeep by association?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 20, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 20, 2015 ---
    @Saket Sidana

Nice idea indeed. Very. Easily dooable? Probably. The only fly-in-the-lassi would be fuel efficiency, and relatedly, the even-now heavy diesel-bias when it comes to fast bigger, more expensive cars, in our car baazar.

So, if they revert back to the pre-facelift styling (exterior), maybe pare down weight a fair bit (eg by removing say surplus noise dampening material and any other non-driver-focussed equipment), ditch the dashboard beige in favour of the Abarth trim....), some decals, perhaps a blacktop, contrast orvm-s with Abarth-scorpion alloys....? Offered at around the mjd emotion price + say 1 lakh at the most?

Skoda have tried this, ridiculously imo, on the Vento-clone/Rapid diesel, black alloys, blacked out headlamp, hasn't done their low sales any harm, in fact has kept them buoyed, a bit. With lots of advertising.

So yeah, if FCA find that it's not too expensive to implement, they should do a FiatAbarth Linea 135 hp. If nothing else it'll possibly be worth it just to keep some buzz going for the brands, and get some showroom traffic. It might even sell at a profit, who knows?

A low risk-low payoff gamble for Fiat India. Maybe they SHOULD do it. But they're unlikely to, imo, since Abarth sedans have been unheard of in Europe/US/Japan, and the payoff on the Linea will be miniscule?

Since, unlike Skoda/VW, they will simply never just badge it Abarth, they'll also try to ensure suspension/handling prowess+aesthetic trimming too, making the whole testing exercise expensive? And so the price would be unlikely to work in this market?:facepalm:

Sigh.:grumpy:
    avi_loveindia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.