1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Amit Rox It is almost assured that you would not get 7 airbags. Does not make sense because our market is not so bothered about safety and would bump the price. Just curious - you are not getting those in any Fiat product or for that matter any product below 10L. The most is 4 in a Micra if I remember correctly. (when I was scouting for cars). For 6 you would need to get the Ecosport or the Hyundai Verna
  2. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I don't know abt the market but am willing to shell 1.5 lakh extra for emotion trim fiat cars, if they have multiple airbags and other security features. I wont buy ecosport or Verna as i am highly doubtful abt airbags functioning.
  3. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    For me the 135 bhp engine is enough. Anyways the spied cars sport changed alloys and tyres. Fiat might be trying for a competitive price. The pricing and the 135hp in evo will play a crucial part for a reasonable success. Also Fiat India should be quick to market, launch it as soon as possible. Competition these days for Fiat is quite faster and brutal.
    bharath likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Abarth badge is not going to work at all eventhough with 135hp,unless the change in the punto based model,why not tried it on Bravo.
    VW story will repeat with FIAT.
    Avvnetura is perfect for Abarth makeover.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    To me ESP is the active safety feature that am expecting in the top model.All 4 disc brakes are confirmed.So that would make it a very good active safety package.4-6 air bags will make it excellent overall,no doubt about that.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So after going through various news articles we should be confirmed about the following (fingers crossed :rolleyes: :
    1) Evo Abarth would be using a 1.4 good for 135 bhp. If Fiat does plonk this engine then 0-100 sprints would be easily under 10 seconds. Linea T-JET with a heavier body and a lower state of tune does this sprint in 11 seconds.
    2) Evo Abarth would be wearing proper Abarth alloys. I am sure a lot of existing Fiat owners would love to upgrade to them.
    3) Evo Abarth would be available in 2 colours with red sporty decals: Black and White (at least initially)
    4) It should start selling from August.
    5) Evo Abarth would be wearing proper Abarth logos as well, as opposed to the Fiat ones in the front and rear.
    6) Evo Abarth would be heavily localized so it should be priced just below 10 lakhs.
    bharath, Dr. Fixated, Raj_pol and 2 others like this.
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

I drive my Duster pretty much in a city choking with indisciplined traffic. Just the other day I was caught up in a 50 minute, 0.8 km crawl in a "not so crowded" part of Pune, ie Sus Pashan (for those who are familiar). And I can tell you that I did not feel the strain as I would have in a Linea. 2015 Duster has a much lighter clutch. I have driven a 2014 car during my Test drives so I know.

Anyway, sticking to the topic, Fiat should bring their best to these enthusiast car lineup. What do they have to lose ? They are anyway not getting much traction in mainstream products. So why not load 'em to the gills ? A Six speed MT with the Abarthified engine would be really good. I hope it is free-revving enough and presents that Jekyll/Hyde character, where it can potter around in the 4th at 50 kph and then just scream all the way to the 7000s at over 150 kph. That would be the machine. Coupled with 17 in alloys and Fiats fantastic ride-handling.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Damn! That's a lot of 'safety' 'protection'. I wouldn't want to be on the road on my Vespa with you driving a 135 hp Abarth Punto, that too with the tank-like feel of that build+7 airbags! Just because it might, maybe, make you complacent and so a bit 'cocky'...all that 'protection'....;):D
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 18, 2015 ---
    I hope they implement a twin tune offering: a downtuned (perhaps a 1.2 t-jet with changed stroke relative to the 1.4 jet?) one at a cut price, even 180Nm+105 hp would do (and match the Polo Tsi "GT", ahem, i think?), badged FIAT

Then, a 135 hp 225+Nm t-jet Evo badged FiatABARTH, with some Abarth livery (not so much as to make the car exorbitant for this market).

And, of course, a 135hp etc Avventura, badged 'FIAT powered by Abarth', otherwise identical to the Avventura mjd.

AND: amt-s all round, though that will come, if at all, later, one suspects.

ALSO, these cars must come with a statutory warning pasted on somewhere always noitceable, inside:

With Such Power and Torque and Brakes Comes Great Responsibility, Young Man or Woman! Take Care! Enjoy!
    :cool:
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Amit Rox and Vaibhav Rawat like this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    7) Evo Abarth would come with stiffer suspension to take full advantage of the power bump .
    8) Evo Abarth would have discs for all the wheels, similar to Linea T-JET.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  10. sunny chohan

sunny chohan Timido

New delhi
    Linea T-Jet
    2015-Abarth-Punto-Evo-side-spotted-in-the-wild-900x506.jpg 2015-Abarth-Punto-Evo-rear-three-quarter-spotted-in-the-wild-900x506.jpg 2015-Fiat-Avventura-rear-three-quarter-spotted-in-the-wild.jpg 2015-Abarth-Punto-Evo-mirror-caps-spotted-in-the-wild-576x1024.jpg
    Some more pictures from the test run on the hills.
    bharath, pabhishek, Raj_pol and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.