1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    My gut feel says it will be the same old 5 speed. Wrong decisions by Fiat time and again. If they desperately to shoot at their own foot no one can stop them
    prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I think Gearbox will be same and Fiat is only testing the tuning of T-Jet for 135 HP and that's all.
    one more thing whenever (in last 2-3 months) I go to Ranjangaon I notice at least one Linea on test.
    whats there in Linea now so that they need testing ? god only knows.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Testing and evaluation is a continuous process. It may be that they are testing local sourcing of some components that are currently being imported. Improvements of components may be validated. New source development...etc and also the next model may have a carryover of existing components but a higher spec. For eg The tjet of the Punto will definitely need beefed up underpinnings that we wont notice on the outside.

Abdul
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Fiat is Planning to Launch Two Abarths and a Tjet powered Avventura in August. View attachment Cheering.gif All the three models are Abarth 595 with 155 Bhp, Abarth Punto Evo Tjet (135 bhp), Fiat Avventura Tjet.

Punto Evo will be Branded as Abarth and will get Sportier bumbers, 17" wheels and decals with new suspension set up for better handling and the best part is unlike Abarth 595 evo will be locally assembled along with Standard punto evo.

Third is Avventura which wont get significant changes, will get only 135 bhp T jet motor, without the accompanying suspension and visual changes that will come to the punto evo abarth, it will get a badge that says 'Powered By Abarth'
    VIJENDRA SINGH and dadasaheb like this.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Jazz looks sexy except from back, omg it returns 27.3 kmpl, Lol
    Now Indians will run behind Jazz, sorry for going OT
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    any news on AMT on abarth ?
  8. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    I am pretty sure there is not going to be any AMT variant, come on Fiat always screws up the main thirst of the mango man (Manual is fine for me - but AMT would be fine-er considering the traffic here)

God God.... AMT+Paddle Shifters+135HP Abarth will be the JAZZ + Polo GT killer from fiat.......Oops i'm daydreaming again
    Dr. Fixated likes this.
  9. sunny chohan

sunny chohan Timido

New delhi
    Linea T-Jet
    17" wheels would be delicious!
    Do you think Fiat would be so generous?
    This would be a new benchmark in this segment. Even in A3 you have to upgrade to a premium plus variant to get 17" wheels. If this news is true then I can't wait to swap my Linea T-jet for this one.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  10. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    Was testing the Nano AMT a while ago for my wife - I am not too impressed with the AMT implementation. It looks like some invisible person is shifting gears for you and the gear shift is pretty jerky. Is the jerkiness more pronounced because of the Nano's motor, or whether that is the way AMT feels, I can not say.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.