1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I badly hope the power stays at 135BHP. Currently postponed my decision to buy Avventura MJD. Will wait till August for Avventura TJet. Mileage thing does play on the back of your head but 135BHP car is something which will put all other doubts to rest. :)
  2. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    There's a new excuse for them, the "exhaust tip". Was reading comments around it on another forum and wondering if the 'real' target segment of Punto T-jet really worry about how the exhaust tip looks or is positioned. For all we know, they might be looking at solutions for end-can to make it sound the way an Abarth should. Anyway, I just hope they launch it as soon as the summers are over because the T-jet engine performs much better in colder ambient temperature than in 35-45 Celsius range.
    Ichimaru, prabhjot and sandipan_r15 like this.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Hope,these ABARTHs/T-jets will do something to FIAT INDIA what R15 did to YAMAHA INDIA.Yes,YAMAHA is not in the league of the high selling bike brands in terms of sale in INDIA but they consistently sells that much at least, so as to sustain their operation in INDIA.And YAMAHA certainly commands a very good brand image in 150cc segment.Power at a 'economy' may just be the selling point for these upcoming T-JETS.Purely my thought.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    You are wrong in comparing the Fiat's current machines to the 2 wheelers. See a T-jet is better than the Honda in a few parameters agreed but that does not make it a mean machine. A 600CC Kawa on the other hand for 6L is an out an out mean machine made to race. I am not quoting the higher range in which you start getting hyper- bikes. See the Indian market had earlier the 223cc Karizma and the 350cc enfield and suddenly the duke with it's power to weight distribution changed the game. Harley launched their 750cc cruiser. Imagine moving from 150cc to 750cc. That kind of change is still a long way off in the car market.

That will happen the day someone sells a Ford Focus ST with 250BHP of gut wrenching power for say 25L. In my mind neither the Abarth nor the Mini come close.

The Punto T-jet is a good step though and if they price it right will give a small but growing number of true car enthusiasts some fun.

p.s. I would love to race a GT on the race track and smoke him/her with the T-jet. Doable? Lets wait and see.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

This is now sounding a bit like the victimhood politics played by our parties currently. Nobody praises Fiat even if they put a Pratt and Whitney turbofan inside the Punto, thats the pervading mood. Well, Fiat have only themselves to blame for this current state. (Wont get into this in this particular thread).
    Raj_pol, prabhjot, kk27 and 1 other person like this.
  6. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I again would like to iterate... that a enthusiast need not be one who owns a high bhp car/bike. Enthusiasts are those who love their stuff for a few peculiar reasons & tend to hold on to them for those very particular reasons. Eg. - This guy Now he's not gonna have a outright mean machine with gut wrenching power but he's a true enthusiast none the less. So enthusiast = power & bhp is a kinda wrong equation.

Now as far as the perception with Fiat goes, I think us fans are partially if not equally responsible, most of our own threads are bashing on the smallest of things from our enthusiast pov rather than appreciating the larger picture. its like a bunch of painting connoisseurs loosing their mind over the bent horizon in at the back of Monalisa, and we beat the issue beyond it's death.

This very thread if you read you'll find enough evidence of how we ourselves put Fiat down... "wont believe it till we see it","It's worthless if it's not 135bhp" etc.... these very comments mean a whole lot to outsiders who then feel "fiat guys themselves say it's worthless at 115bhp instead of 135....so what's the point of checking this vehicle out". I guess some just love to Hate Fiat & some just hate to love it unconditionally. :)
    Ichimaru, Sujit508, aramico and 3 others like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol

Though it will not be abpout outright speed,and never is, and never should be etc, ...of course the dishwater-dull (other than in red) Polo GT will get smoked! 'GT' indeed: [derisive laugh]. The existing Punto/Avventura 90hp is a GT: a fast highway-touring car.

I wonder if they have amt supplies going and available for Fiat itself (not that many needed at all!) from the JV factory with Maruti in Manesar? 115hp/200+Nm + amt (eg., on the Linea), let alone 135 hp/230Nm on the FiatAbarth Punto Evo would be sweet indeed.

Alas, our magazine hacks and thatforum-fools will denigrate the amt. I don't get this professed keenness on dual-clutches, and that too the dodgy one on VWs and Skoda-s.

If locally manufactured amt-s are available, Fiat: offer them on all 4 models, even the Linea! Starting of course with the 595.
    Dr. Fixated and acechip like this.
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Here is the more spyshots of punto evo.
    Courtesy: MFW/T BHP

tapatalk_1434435074494.jpeg

tapatalk_1434435197798.jpeg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 16, 2015 ---
    Here is the more spyshots of punto evo.
    Courtesy: MFW/T BHP tapatalk_1434435074494.jpeg tapatalk_1434435197798.jpeg
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Calling the GT dishwater dull is pure fanboism at it's worst. As I have said many times before, I am a fan of none - I just appreciate a good product. The T-jet is and I accept that. However, comparing the Punto 90HP with the Polo is a bit too much - they are simply not comparable.
    Whether we accept or not a sports car is about top speed, horsepower and how well it rides how fast. Yes, that makes it expensive but unfortunately just too please someone you cannot say the Alto is a sports car.
    Look at sports version world-wide and you will understand.

There lies the distinction with the 2 wheeler market. For two wheelers, slowly but surely the distinction with our lucky brethren in developed countries is disappearing. In bike forums no one any more says that the Pulsar is a sports bike. It is a fast commuter bike. The MJD is a good commuter engine and no more.

The Punto sports will be a decent sports vehicle at 135 BHP. Will it be better than the GT at 115BHP. Possibly? But that still not make it a race machine.

The Skoda Octavia RS - if they release in India will again be another decent sports car.
    acechip and dadasaheb like this.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Agree with @Raj_pol on the fact that Polo GT is simply a better performing car than the Punto 90 HP. Blame the tune and the gearbox which Fiat decided to plonk in it. The GT leaves the 90 HP in dust. Don't bring in the corners, the GT would have reached there much before the 90 hp and disappeared too.

OT: Pulsar and sports bike nature are mutually exclusive. Nothing on it except the free revving engine is sporty on that bike. Looks, I care a damn if it doesn't move.

@prabhjot, One may like a brand more than others. But that liking should not blind you in identifying a better product from the competitor. Isn't it plain and simple.
    vista7155, dadasaheb and pabhishek like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.