1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Abarth Punto/Avventura T-Jet -Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acechip

acechip Superiore

I have not had any occasion to experience Toyota dealerships, but from your description it is obvious that they are fully in line with Toyota brand values (whatever they are). See, the thing is, as you said it yourself, most of its volume cars (including Innova) are sold to taxi and fleet operators. Yet they are a far cry from some one like, lets say, a Tata dealer. And if a customer is impressed with this approach, then he/she will definitely appreciate the safety message that Toyota is also now trying to spread by making active and passive safety devices as standard. Its not about how well built their cars are- its about the message that you give to consumers. And what Toyota is doing BETTER than all others (except perhaps VW) and notably compared to mass market leaders like MSIL/Hyundai, IS that you need not fleece customers to provide safety features. I am sure there is a next-to-nothing difference in the car prices of a base Etios with dual airbags (Standard) vs base Etios without. Thats whats important. Its the next evolutionary step in implementing global safety standards in Indian cars.
    It is ironic that some of the cars in UK have base models without Air conditioning, but have multiple safety features as standard. The average Indian may baulk at this when he reads this, but it will slowly sink in. A Safety device should not be a value differentiator.
    So, just to grab this thread back on its track, Fiat should bring in those multiple airbags, ABS, ESP as standard on these Abarth cars. And get rid of that party trick called "inclinometer". In any case they are not expected to be volume sellers. So why fuss over costs ?
    avi_loveindia and prabhjot like this.
  2. Drive4freedom

Drive4freedom Novizio

Is it 'esseesse', 'scorpione' below the PUNTO ?? Can somebody confirm?.
  3. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Linea 1.3
    AMT also allows you to change the gears manually. That too, without the involvement of a clutch. For example, if you are in 4th gear and need to overtake, shift to manual mode and press the accelerator to overtake. It will remain in 4th gear and won't go to the 5th year during the overtake. Another good thing is that, in the manual mode, it will downshift by itself if the speed of the vehicle decreases. Not only is it inexpensive, as far as I know, it should also be easier to repair or replace as this AMT unit sits on the top of the engine and only performs the operations done by the clutch.

I use AMT on a 67bhp engine. AMT on a 135bhp engine should be an immensely different experience!
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

am sure abs and 2 airbags will be standard. esp? Not sure.

btw, the Abarth 500/595 has 7 airbags I believe?
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

Check this out guys. Love those scorpion claws alloys.
    varoon9999, Anup, Dr. Fixated and 3 others like this.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

With 135 BHP and atleast 300NM on tap, ESP should be standard.
    sandipan_r15 and prabhjot like this.
  7. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2
    Black Punto evo Abarth with red strips and Mirros with those awesome alloys ,,,No car in this segment will match its presence ,,, but Missing those Double Barell silencer
    Any Guess for Top Speed ,, I think it will be just below 200 KPH
  8. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Amatore

I wonder what would be the price of the Abarth Punto.
    Raj_pol likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I wonder how many droolers and Fiat engines-are-lethargic complainers will, as usual, chicken out by citing......what else? but 'bad mileage' (remember Palio 1.6, they'll say!) and of course....the notoriously, suspiciously legendary, heard-said as amplified TRUTH whereas it's these days more like a non-deal-breaker, selective truth : bad ASS+spares availability?:dead:

Who's offering the Indian market truly 'world class' automotive-driving/riding etc options, at compellingly low prices :cigar:, and who dressed-up 'third world specials' that flatter to deceive, it should be obvious to all but strangely is not at all??:yawn:

Maybe there's been a silent revolution in the marketplace, like with 2-wheelers, and the FiatAbarth t-jet-s will grab sudden sales by the hundred, though? I'll bet no more than Rs.5 out of a 100 on that 'theoretical possibility'.:blackeye:
  10. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    My god!! to actually see this in flesh!!! I just had a sort of an orgasm!!!!
    Dr. Fixated and adisrini1103 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.